Are you preparing for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam?
If your answer is, yes!
We have made a detailed guide for you to pass the CCNA exam in the very first attempt.
The Cisco Certified Network Associate or CCNA certification has been growing in demand over the years. It is one of the most appreciated certifications by IT professionals around the globe.
The CCNA certification is offered by Cisco for the associate level networking professionals and hence the name, CCNA.
Eventually, the CCNA Course helps in accelerating the career of an IT professional in terms of skill-sets, expertise, knowledge, better job opportunities and increased salary packages.
After this certification, a professional is likely to be capable of handling the configuring and operating. A candidate also becomes capable of tackling the troubleshooting various major elements such as switches and routers of a network system in an organization.
In this article, you will get the overall tips and strategies to prepare for the CCNA certification.
Let’s have a quick look at the basic information and the objectives covered in the CCNA certification first.
CCNA Exam Objectives:
It is important to know the CCNA syllabus beforehand.
So, herein what the CCNA certification exam covers!
- Network Fundamentals
- LAN Switching Technologies
- Routing Technologies
- WAN Technologies
- Infrastructure Services
- Infrastructure Security
- Infrastructure Management
CCNA Exam Fees
Majority of the Cisco exams cost around $300.
The exam CCNA Routing and Switching (200-125) costs $325.
Other exams like ICND1 and ICND2 exams cost $165 each.
CCNA Certification Exam Information
To get the CCNA routing and switching certification, you have two options
- One exam (CCNA 200-120)
- 2 exams (ICND1 100-101 and ICND2 200-101)
Other exam details:
- The exam paper will be objective type. You will have multiple answer options.
- You will have other types of questions such as drag and drop, Simlet, Sim, and Testlet.
- The number of questions asked normally ranges between 60 and 70.
- The time limit for the exam is set to 90 minutes or one and a half an hour.
- The CCNA exam can be given in 2 languages i.e. English and Japanese. Nevertheless, the availability of CCNA exams in other languages varies. You need to contact an authorized Cisco testing delivery partner for availability in your place.
How to clear CCNA Exam in First Attempt?
- Firstly, you have to get the practice and previous year questions of the CCNA exam. It helps you in gaining an understanding of the CCNA exam as well as the question pattern.
- The practice is the main key to make the CCNA Exam in the very first go. So, practice as much as you can. Laboratory practice is an added advantage, so if you can do that, it will be more than enough for your CCNA Exam Preparation.
- Find the summaries and glossaries in books. These are essential points and provide you with the gist of any topic. It helps you in remembering the things easily too.
- Many websites provide the CCNA exam format, do check them all out and get the preview of the same. You should also check the weight of each topic in the question paper.
- While preparing for CCNA Exam, make sure that you don’t forget to assess your preparation. You must take mock tests that are available online.
- At the last, you should go through the important topics. Since, the networking is a vast subject, it becomes difficult to cover every topic.
How to Get CCNA Certification?
- You need to get a certificate of the entry-level first if you are new to this networking field. CCNA Certification will help you gain an insight into the fundamentals.
- Study well for the CCNA Certification exam with all the relevant materials and follow the strategies mentioned in this article.
- Going for specialization in the networking field will help you in gaining more knowledge as well as to become an expert in this field. Hence, job opportunities will be increased for you.
- Lastly, with all the shared things above, having cleared the exam, you will become a network administrator or software developer. You can design domains that will run smoothly and effectively in manifolds.
The Validity of the CCNA Certification Exam
The CCNA certificate remains valid for three years. Thereafter, the CCNA certificate will be invalid. Professionals will be required to recertify the same by taking an exam again.
The new CCNA Certification exam will consist of the topics from the updated technologies along with basic course contents.
If a professional takes any higher-level exam within those three years, they will not need to take any other exam for recertification.
If you are dedicated and an aspired networking professional preparing for CCNA certification then this CCNA exam preparation guide will definitely help you a lot to reach the goal.
The CCNA Certification helps networking professionals to validate and demonstrate their skill-sets and expertise in many ways.
It also serves as a great opportunity for IT professionals to advance in their IT professional career. With the CCNA Certification, an IT professional can become an expert in networking with global recognition.