A variety of content is available in PDF format, But what is PDF format? Portable Document Format developed by Adobe is highly in use for reading purpose. Legal documents being highly confidential, are mandatory to be kept in a PDF format.
Mainly a document is developed into PDF format so that the document can be shared and printed without making any changes. But what if you have a form in PDF format, and you want to fill in the details? Like what to do with this problem when you can not edit the PDF document? The solution to this problem is to convert your PDF to Word.
What is a Word document?
Word document is basically when the document is developed in MS word application and saved with an extension of .doc, .docm, .docx, .docx. MS Word is a popular processing program where they can edit letters, texts, brochures, and any other document. Word document is a graphical word processing in which the user can type and create documents and save it.
What is the fundamental difference between both formats?
To display a file in a readable format, one can save or create it in a PDF file or Microsoft Word files. Both the file formats will help the reader to read the document thoroughly. The fundamental difference between PDF and Word document is that the Adobe develops PDF format, and Word document is created and developed by Microsoft. PDF format file can be read by adobe reader and also in a PDF reader. Whereas you can view and edit a word file in Microsoft Word.
Users can create and save a pre-existing document in word but can not create or edit a pre-existing document in PDF format. This is because PDF format keeps the document in the same condition, and no person can make any changes in the file.
Where and when to use the PDF format?
PDF format are easy to use and are utmost important for different things; let us go through some of its uses:-
- Printing Purpose: to get What you see is What you get results in your hand; you should use PDF format while printing any document. When you are in a printing business and want some high-quality work done, it is good to use the PDF format.
- Best online content: if your work is to post documents on the internet or you are highly interested in downloading and uploading the documents from the internet, then you should use a PDF format for it.
- Storage: when properly compressed, PDF files are very compact and small-sized to save and don’t take much of your storage.
- Legal documents: Legal documents are highly classified, and it is of great importance to keep all your legal documents safe. For that purpose, keep your legal documents safe in PDF format. This is because PDF format can not be edited.
- Easy to view: it is easy to use a PDF format for reading purposes; this is because a PDF file can be viewed in an adobe reader, Microsoft reader, and any other reader that can help one to grow.
Where and when to use a word format?
Word document is an essential part of the document world. Not because it is a reading platform but also because it can be used to rewrite or edit a pre-existing document. Let us have a look over how and when a word document is used:-
- Re-use of images: it is easier to extract the images in a word document and reuse it. This feature is not possible in PDF format because it is embedded.
- Processing a document: word is the most used application for writing purposes; this is because the word is designed to create and edit documents. Not only writing down in simple texts word can also use graphs and charts for more elaboration. And it is clear that one can not create or edit a document in a PDF format but can do the same in a word document.
- Pro Editing: what will you do when you have mistakenly got a grammatically wrong document in your PDF file? Will you be sending the same file to your client? The answer is NO; one can not send a file with certain errors to the client; this is because sending inappropriate work to the client can lead to not so professional work, and you may suffer losses. But one can not do editing in a PDF format, so better is to convert it into a word document.
This is sure that one can need to convert their PDF to Word at any point of time, but how to do that? let us see it now:-
How to convert your PDF to Word?
Many of the websites and applications are available over the internet for converting PDF to Word format. A person should choose the website and the application wisely so that the document’s data doesn’t get harmed or be under any kind of theft.
The basic way of converting is:-
- Choose a website or a provider that gives the following service.
- Select the option to upload the PDF document.
- Select the option to export the document
- Choose from the types of extension you want to convert the document in. [in your case, that is Word format]
- Click the export button to convert it.
- Your document is now converted; you can save it in the word format and start editing.
Benefits for conversion are:-
- Keeping your work intact.
- Working from any part of the world.
- Turning the scanned documents into word format.
- Only convert the things you require and save your time.
Finally, we can say that both the format serves different purposes as per the user’s requirement, but it is impossible to rewrite or edit and create a document in a PDF format. PDF format is only useful for reading purposes only. So, if you require, you can convert your PDF to Word easily.