This post will explain Lawn Care Software. Business management has been simplified thanks to modern technology. Payroll, scheduling, and inventory management can all be done from a phone or tablet these days. This is extremely useful for lawn care businesses; being able to oversee your workers on the field is a priceless service.
With so many different business software packages to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your lawn care company. We tried to make it as simple as possible for you by conducting research and identifying software that can manage job scheduling, billing, route optimization, and other tasks.
It’s worth noting that LawnStarter professionals get a lot of the items on this list for free. LawnStarter, for example, offers Customer Relationship Management (CRM), booking, billing, and route optimization. However, if you require more, selecting the best lawn care software will save you both time and money.
Here are LawnStarter’s top ten lawn care software recommendations:
Reviews of the Top 10 Lawn Care Software Packages
In this article, you can know about Lawn Care Software here are the details below;
LawnPro’s software comes with a free edition that includes invoicing, estimates, a client portal, and online payment. LawnPro also offers a variety of pricing levels with features such as expense management and in-app communication.
LawnPro is built specifically for lawn care providers and has been in the industry for over a decade. LawnPro takes out the guesswork out of business management with automated scheduling, route optimization, and real-time QuickBooks connectivity. Also check Courier Management Software
The free and basic paid versions are compatible with LawnStarter’s built-in capabilities, making this the best choice for LawnStarter pros.
- Free version available • Compatible with iOS and Android • Multiple price packages • SMS Notifications • Invoicing and estimations
There is a free version of LawnPro, and premium packages cost $29, $49, and $79. With an annual subscription, you’ll get two months free.
Pros: Designed with the lawn care in mind GPS monitoring Easy to use Excellent customer service
Cons: The invoice system is a touch clumsy, and the free edition lacks route optimization.
- “I like that I can email customers directly from the programme, that billing is simple, and that inputting and updating client information is simple.”
- “My interaction with whoever is in charge of the chatbot has been fantastic.” I’ve never had to call them & can complete all of my tasks using the app or my computer.”
- “I enjoy how you can track total time spent at a customer’s property for the entire season.” I like how you give me a week and month’s worth of plan ahead of time.”
Jobber is a complete business suite that aids in the management of your lawn care company. You can plan appointments, optimise routes, produce quotations, and process payments using its user-friendly interface. You can stay up to speed on your business while on the go with the mobile app.
Jobber offers a 14-day free trial and a variety of pricing plans, allowing you to acquire the services you ought without paying for those you don’t. Jobber’s 24-hour support has received positive feedback from customers. Jobber customer care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with any issues that may arise.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android • Route optimization and GPS tracking • Dispatch and task scheduling • Quote generation • 24-hour support • QuickBooks connectivity
With a yearly commitment, cost packages start at $29, $99, and $199 per month.
Pros: 14-day free trial; multiple price levels; iOS and Android apps; easy to use, even for beginners Customer service with a good reputation
Cons: clumsy QuickBooks integration clumsy field communications clumsy backup assignment To utilise, you’ll need an internet connection.
- “It’s a fantastic product that accomplishes exactly what it claims to do.” It’s an excellent tool for assisting you in running your firm.”
- “I began using Jobber nearly 5 years ago when I decided to try out the free trial. Since then, I’ve continued to use the software and have seen a 400% increase in my business.”
- “I like how simple it is for us to use.” When someone isn’t tech aware, it’s simple to explain and demonstrate how to utilise it.”
Service Autopilot is a useful tool for keeping your company running smoothly. It saves you hours of paperwork by automating customer interactions, billing, and crew management. Service Autopilot makes team management simple with tools like Smart Maps for route optimization and GPS tracking.
Although Service Autopilot is not the cheapest option available, you get what you pay for. It provides you with a diverse set of tools and functions. This is a wonderful alternative for firms who manage four or more vehicles because it has advanced dispatch options.
- Compatible with iOS and Android • QuickBooks sync • Payments and invoices • Marketing tools • Multiple payment plans
With a one-time $97 sign-up cost, Service Autopilot provides monthly subscriptions for $47, $97, and $247.
Pros: Free trial and 30-day return period; includes marketing tools; offers a wide range of tools and functions; and has a well-reviewed customer support department.
Cons: Premium features aren’t free; the app isn’t user-friendly for beginners; and the software is “outdated.” Additional users come at a cost.
- “Great firm to work with, great customer service, and they’re continually working on new technologies and new features.” It comes highly recommended.
- “When compared to the cost, this software contains a whole arsenal of features.” It’s a tiny price to pay for a tool that helps you save time and money in a variety of ways.”
- “As more mobile users are added, it may become costly.” Because it is complex, learning it might be challenging. It’s not difficult to use if you understand the system.”
RazorSync is a low-cost platform that keeps your field staff linked. The software can be used in a variety of sectors. RazorSync can assist your lawn care firm with snow removal, hardscaping, and landscape construction.
RazorSync is one of the more cost-effective solutions on this list, but it does have certain disadvantages. Its customer care network isn’t always up to par, so if you’re new to service company software, you might want to look for something more user-friendly.
- Compatibility with iOS and Android devices • Dispatch and route optimization • Live-chat support • QuickBooks connectivity
With an annual commitment, cost packages are $55, $145, and $300 per month.
Pros: Affordable rates; easy to learn; excellent mobile services; multi-industry compatibility
Cons: Support is only available Monday through Thursday; interface is disorganised.
- “It’s simple to assign staff, track outstanding debts, and generate invoices.” “It’s a great deal for what it can do.”
- “For the most part, it’s simple to use, but the training is invaluable.” “The technical support is unrivalled.”
- “Integration with QuickBooks desktop is at best odd; Razorsync customers sync to QuickBooks but not the other way around.”
WorkWave has been helping firms stay on the cutting edge since the early days of computers, with over 40 years of experience. Also check anti spam software
Although a handful of the entries on our list include marketing tools, WorkWave stands out from the pack. WorkWave software generates 5-star ratings and keeps them visible on sites like Google and Facebook.
WorkWave’s tools are built to be adaptable. The mobile software enables landscaping companies to reschedule routes on the fly and streamlines the new route in real time. WorkWave is a comprehensive solution that includes dispatch, tracking, billing, and more.
- Android/iOS app • QuickBooks integration • Route optimization • Comprehensive marketing and client management
WorkWave does not make its pricing information public. According to reviews, the software costs $79 per month.
Pros: Flexible scheduling Excellent mobile apps Easy-to-use interface Real-time notifications and modifications
Cons: Limited sales tools; no inventory management; limited sales tools; limited sales tools; limited sales tools; limited sales tools; limited sales tools; limited sales tools; limited Contracts are only available for one year.
- “Our database was moved for us by the WorkWave setup team. They scheduled many training sessions and were really helpful and professional in teaching us how to use the programme.”
- “It’s a powerful CRM system that takes care of everything from the first client interaction to invoicing and payment.”
- “It takes an eternity to learn.”
WorkWave, a leading provider of service business software, recently acquired RealGreen Systems. Users of RealGreen Service Assistant now have access to the resources of a 40-year IT corporation, as well as an interface tailored specifically for green businesses.
Customer relationship management (CRM) & employee time tracking are just a few of the tools available in RealGreen Service Assistant. It authorizes business owners to operate field service management software from a mobile device, just like the majority of the other entries on our list.
Apps for iOS and Android are available.
- QuickBooks integration • Estimates & invoicing • Work order management • Route tracking and optimization
RealGreen does not make their pricing information available to the public. To understand more about product options, request a demo.
Pros: Customer history and subscription renewals; extensive feature set and applications; responsive customer service; top-rated mobile access
Cons: Complexity of large number of features; report issues; only compatible with RealGreen’s credit card processing software
- “The ability for clients to go into their accounts and make billing changes is really beneficial to the office staff.” In the field, using tablets is also a huge benefit.”
- “For SA, the database and client history are the most valuable assets. We have historical data on our maintenance customers, which makes estimating maintenance and renewing contracts each year a breeze.”
- “It isn’t compatible with other marketing software, such as Hubspot.” SA strives to be a marketing firm, a printing firm, a customer service firm, an accounting firm, in short, it tries to be everything.”
Yardbook is a completely free service. Having free business management software available for small lawn care companies with one or two cars can be a game-changer. Yardbook’s user-friendly mobile software allows for equipment management, invoicing, and route optimization.
Yardbook includes the essentials, but major elements like dispatching are left out. This makes it excellent for organisations just getting started in the lawn care market. Additional capabilities, such as QuickBooks integration, can be purchased as your business grows.
- It’s completely free to use
- Designed for small lawn care operations • User-friendly iOS/Android app
Pros: Free inventory management options for beginners, route optimization, and cloud backups
Cons: Only text/email customer service; no dispatching features; limited invoicing capabilities Advertisements in apps can be aggravating.
- “Initially, it was good value for money, but I stayed because I believe they listen to our demands and work hard to improve and add services.”
- “The only thing I could criticise is the reoccurring invoice method.” Instead of having to actively click to send, I’d like that they sent automatically.”
- “Keeping track of my customer lists, invoices/payments, manpower, equipment, and routes has been a breeze using Yardbook.” The nicest aspect is that it has been completely free to assist me in getting started.”
Despite not being specifically built for lawn care, ServiceTitan software is a market leader in the field service industry. ServiceTitan can be a valuable tool for lawn care companies looking to expand into other areas of business.
ServiceTitan includes capabilities that other lawn care business software vendors don’t have because it works with a range of sectors. Some of these features may be superfluous, but others may be useful. Hazardous chemical management, for example, is an excellent tool for landscaping companies that handle herbicide and pest treatment.
- Automated scheduling • GPS route optimization • Payroll & employee scheduling • Quotes, invoicing, and payment processing • Chemical management and tracking • iOS and Android app
Pricing information is not published by ServiceTitan. According to customer reviews, they charge an average of $145 a month per user. For exact price, get a quote.
Pros: Free for the first three months Highly rated client site Dedicated support manager Simple, user-friendly UI
Cons: It was created for a different industry. Some reviewers have reported bugs.
- “It has the best feature set and workflows in the business.” The customer service is excellent. “Software is trustworthy.”
- “It takes a long time for customer support to resolve issues and communicate. The Marketing Pro function may be better, but it’s still far superior than what the competition has to offer.”
- There are numerous features. Some are useless, while others are not. I can understand how the features would be useful for other businesses, but we ended up turning off a lot of them because they required a lot of extra processes.”
mHelpDesk is completely customisable, so you can include practically any function you want. It features full offline capability, allowing you to continue using it even if your internet connection goes down while you’re out in the field.
As your service organisation grows, mHelpDesk becomes more expensive due to fees for adding extra members. As a result, we recommend it for small organisations that require a comprehensive set of functions. Also check best auditing software
- An iOS/Android app with offline capabilities is available.
- Inventory tracking across several locations • Routing and dispatching • Estimates, invoicing, and payment processing • Work order management
Pricing information is not published by mHelpDesk. According to reviews, the software costs $169 per month.
Pros: More features than typical software; fully customizable; offline capabilities
Cons: Expensive; unsuitable for huge corporations.
- “It was really simple for our personnel to use when they experienced IT problems.” It was quite simple to keep track of all the open tickets for concerns around the state.”
- “We are entirely cloud-based and mobile, and our reaction time has decreased while profits have increased.” We’ve found a vendor/partner who pays attention.”
- “Inventory and QuickBooks do not work well together.” My clients’ customer portal provides mediocre search capabilities.”
America’s largest telecommunications network backs up Verizon Connect. Though it is not the cheapest choice, it includes a number of fleet management capabilities that can make running a larger business easier.
Verizon may be the greatest option if you run a fleet of five or more trucks. Companies who can afford this software will not be disappointed, thanks to solid support and industry-leading mapping, job management, and CRM functions.
- Live Maps • Engine-Status • Reports • Scheduling • Commercial Vehicle Roadside Assistance • Dashboard-Customization • Free Fleet Tracking Hardware Key Features • iOS and Android mobile app • Live Maps • Engine Status • Reports • Scheduling • Commercial Vehicle Roadside Assistance • Dashboard-Customization • Free Fleet Tracking Hardware
Verizon Connect Reveal is available for $45 per month, with additional prices for premium features.
Pros: Only pay for the features you use Industry-leading fleet management Ideal for businesses with a large fleet of vehicles Free tracking hardware
Cons: Expensive; requires numerous subscriptions for full capability; support is only available Monday-Friday during business hours; long contract periods
- “I appreciate being able to track all of our assets in real time.” And watching the replay is simple and provides a minute-by-minute account of where they were throughout the day.”
- “Even though the trackers were provided free of charge… I believe the monthly service is overpriced. It appears that you might be eligible for discounts or incentives.”
- “We utilise this on a daily basis, from tracking our oil changes to sending us notifications when employees are speeding.” Also, the customer service is fantastic, and there’s a good referral scheme.”
Guide for Buyers
What is lawn care software, and how does it work?
Lawn care software is any PC or mobile programme that aids in the efficient operation of a lawn care firm and the maximisation of cash flow. Most lawn care software has a similar set of functions, which are listed below:
Manages staff timesheets and arranges for one-time or recurring services for clients. Most business software will create a timetable for you to ensure that you get the most out of your time.
Job Management and Tracking
Assigns staff to certain jobs and keeps track of their hours worked in order to provide customers with accurate pricing.
Management of Customer Relationships (CRM)
A bundle of tools to assist you manage your lawn care company’s new client connections and find new consumers. This category includes service history keeping, complaint handling, and communication.
Tracks all the services performed for a customer’s account and automatically delivers bills to consumers whenever the service is completed.
Optimization of the Route
Creates the most efficient approach for doing all tasks on a daily basis. Reduces squandered time and gasoline expenditures. Some software will adjust routes in real time to account for delays and cancellations.
Inventory and Equipment Management
Keeps track of your lawn care equipment and supply inventory (herbicide, fertilizer, etc.) Some software can provide alerts when equipment needs to be serviced or inventory needs to be replenished.
Lawn Care Business Software Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the finest lawn care software?
Jobber is the top rated software for small- to medium-sized lawn care firms, according to our research, which was assembled from numerous independent tech review sites. LawnPro is likewise highly rated, and there is a free version available for LawnStarter-affiliated professionals.
2. How much does lawn care software set you back?
month to more than $250 Some providers have a variety of pricing plans with different features, while others charge according on the number of technicians who use the software.
3. Are there any options that are free?
Yes. LawnPro includes a free edition, and Yardbook is a platform that is fully free and financed by adverts. In addition, practically every choice on the preceding list offers a free trial or demo.
Which lawn-care software is the most appropriate for you?
Any of the software options listed above will aid in the management of your lawn care company. LawnStarter’s software also manages all of your payments and route optimization.