An onboarding process can be complex and intricate which can lead to businesses to look at this process with resistance and hesitancy. However with the correct methods towards the onboarding process, your company can too master onboarding with ease. From hiring to recruitment to welcoming, etc your business can in fact thrive with its onboarding process.
Now, let’s explore what an onboarding process is to understand how companies can leverage client onboarding to master the process itself, and so much more to fully grasp this fundamental process and successfully implement it within a business.
What is the onboarding process?
The onboarding process is also known as customer onboarding process which centers on being the first stage of the customer journey once a customer begins utilizing a product or service of a business. Also, the customer onboarding process is teaching the new customer how to receive the most out of your business’s product or service.
Despite the fact that a customer onboarding process might seem straightforward and manageable at first it in fact holds crucial significance for the maintenance of a customer and customer satisfaction. For example, the customer onboarding process of a business reveals whether a customer will continue making use of the business’s product or service for the long run or whether the customer will discontinue with the journey.
In addition, according to research conducted by Gartner, successful onboarding can enhance an employee’s voluntary performance by more than 20% and increase employee performance by up to 15%. Therefore, the customer onboarding process not only boosts customer success rates successfully, but also maximizes employees to work harder and excel in performance.
How can companies leverage client onboarding
Leveraging and enhancing power in client onboarding transpires through a few vital manners, such as smooth onboarding experience, referrals, gaining trust, etc. Let’s engage in how companies can leverage client onboarding in the first place and benefit from this core process.
First of all, one fundamental advantage of the client onboarding process is that your business can ensure to gain a customer’s trust. What this means is that with a great and solid onboarding experience of the customer with your business’s product or service will guarantee to build the customer’s trust in your product or service and trust your knowledge which will lead the customer asking for more. For example, with Walkme the customer onboarding process is ensured with all of the features of customer onboarding, such as empty spaces and integrations for customers will be fully automated and gain great customer retention as well with the trust that customers want. In addition, an advantage of client onboarding is that it shortens the time to value meaning that the customer in hand will be satisfied with saving time by engaging with the product or service, rather than constantly searching for different products or services.
A strong and smooth client onboarding experience is key and generates a prime benefit for the business in hand, because with a solid customer experience increases the chances of administering more business ways with the existing customer and saves time and effort to seek new customers. Another great benefit of companies utilizing the client onboarding process is visible with referrals, because with referrals your business can take advantage of the situation by getting new clients and using less effort to do so due to the process will carry itself out with references verbally and automatically.
How to master the onboarding period
Mastering the customer onboarding period may seem complicated and a rough process at first, but with just a few simple steps your business can certainly master and implement the customer onboarding process with great success and rates.
- Welcome Email:The initial interaction with the customer is in fact really important, because first impressions matter. As a result, your first interaction must be positive and you can ensure this happens as a business by sending a powerful welcoming email to your customer.
- First Log-in:The next step to master the whole process is to generate and impress the customer when they first log-in. What this means is that your business can send a greeting message or a guided tutorial to guarantee that the customer has a smooth onboarding process and has high satisfaction with the process itself.
- Empty States: This step is core in educating and helping the customer, because when they enter their portal there will be no data. As a business you must fill out these empty spaces with the required information to enhance your product or service, which will ultimately generate value and strength to use the product or service in the first place.
- Data imports: The following step focuses on data imports and setting up integrations with the necessary tools, because the product is now part of the customer’s technology case and needs to be running.
- Product Walk-Through: This step is indeed one of the most crucial steps of the process, because it teaches customers on how to use and get the best out of the product or service of the business. An interactive walk-through will enhance the customer journey and reach full potential which ensuresquality assurance.
- Follow-Ups and Routine Check-Ins:The final step is also core in ensuring client onboarding, because you should as a business be interactive with the customer by providing follow-ups and routine check-ins, such as with follow-up emails.
Best Practices of Customer Onboarding
New customers may be hard to find and retain, but there are some practices that assist with customer onboarding. From communication flows to measuring success, and so much more to enhance and empower your business’s customer onboarding process.
One core best practice of customer onboarding is keeping communication on the go and constantly flowing. What this means is that you as a business should always interact and remain in touch with the customer, because this guarantees smooth contact and communication. Some ways to execute this communication and interaction is by emails, tutorials, etc. Another key part of customer onboarding is measuring your businesses success rates, because if you track your success you will get correct insights and always be a step ahead of where to change and transform to be better. Also, show your customers care, because displaying value and helping them will smooth the client onboarding process and enable a customized approach.
Customer onboarding process is a great and strong way to increase customer retention and gain new clients, which helps with the hesitancy that businesses face. Focusing on trust, referrals, value, smooth experience, and so much more helps customers stay and generate loyalty to the business in hand products or services too.
As a matter of fact, there are many core features and best practices associated with the customer onboarding process that can enhance and assist your business to become stronger and have a better customer journey. Customer onboarding process may seem complicated, but following these steps and practices will boost your efficiency and maximize your success all the way.