Music fans often use torrents to download the latest tracks and records. This way, you’ll be able to get free access to your favorite songs and share them with friends or family. In this post, we’ll touch down on where to look for torrent music, how to download torrents using the uTorrent client as well as the ways to protect yourself from cyber threats while downloading.
Step 1. Install a torrent client
There’s a wide range of alternatives when it comes to choosing a torrent client. uTorrent is one of the most popular options in the market. You’ll be able to install the client from the program’s official website for free.
To do this, go to the program’s official website and choose the ‘Download’ button in the ‘Basic’ tab. You can also go to a dedicated website that shares a uTorrent free download client. As soon as you saved the .exe file, open it and follow the installation instructions.
Be sure to uncheck the boxes that offer to install any third-party software if you don’t want to clutter the storage space with unneeded utilities.
After you’ve installed uTorrent, it’s time to look around the web for torrents.
Step 2. Monitor torrent music repositories
As uTorrent doesn’t have a built-in file engine, you will have to look for external platforms to find torrents. The good news is, there are more than a handful of such. The most popular online repositories are the following ones:
- The Pirate Bay. It’s the largest torrent library online – that’s why it won’t be hard to find a song or a record you’re looking for. Keep in mind that TPB doesn’t check files for malware – that’s why it’s crucial to check the comment section before downloading anything.
- YourBitTorrent. Here, you’ll be able to find a fairly wide collection of tracks. The library is famous for storing high-quality files – the 320 kbps is the standard.
- ExtraTorrent. Despite being a little ad-heavy, the platform has a large user community. Over a million seeders share and download torrents from ExtraTorrent. There’s a dedicated section for audio tracks.
- Torrent Downloads. The library has over 30,000 audio tracks – the odds to find torrents for rarest songs are quite high. A website has an intuitive navigation system – there are categories with most common music genres. Not all torrents, however, have equally high speed – the download of some is known to take a while.
- RARBG. The repository is unique as it displays only verified torrents. Thus, users don’t risk to get malware-infected. RARBG is often blocked by browsers – be sure to use a VPN in order to have full access to the library.
General guidelines for choosing torrents
Now that you have a list of tools to use for torrent search, let’s go over the main rules PC users should follow. For one thing, make sure to download the torrent that has a high number of seeders as it increases the downloading speed. Comments under the torrent file ar highly important as well – this way, you’ll find out if the copyrighters are keeping track of torrents.
It’s also recommended to avoid downloading newly released tracks as the producer will be paying more attention to piracy attempts. In case you want to make sure the IP address is untraceable, use a VPN while torrenting. Windscribe Free VPN
Step 3. Start a torrent download
After you have downloaded the torrent itself from a file repository, double-click on it in order to open the client. The uTorrent will allow you to rename a torrent, change the file path, and so on. After having tweaked the download settings, click ‘OK’ and start the download.
On the download tab, you’ll be able to see the progress bar, the downloading speed, as well as the amount of time left. In order to speed up the process, close all Internet tabs. Be sure to keep the PC on for the entire duration of the download.
There’s an alternative way to start a download:
- Open uTorrent. Choose File -> Add torrent;
- Find your torrent on the hard drive and double-click on it;
- The download tab will open right away.
Step 4. Open the file
After the download is done, double-click on it. The file explorer tab will open, with the list of all downloaded tracks. In order to help other users that will be downloading the same file, leave it for seeding.
This was a brief guide on downloading music as a torrent. In order to get started, you’ll need to download the uTorrent client – you can get it rocketfiles.com. Be sure to follow safety.