You must put together an emergency kit for your car in case of flooding. This kit must contain food, battery cables, Feniex lights, tools, blankets, a fire extinguisher, and a first aid kit. You must organize so that you and your family are always safe if a flood occurs. For this reason, you must find a way to equip yourself with the right emergency kit properly. You must also practice the best evacuation route with your family during a flood. Conveniently, you buy the Feniex lights so the rescuers can get them quickly. Know that emergency kits contain various elements that will help you if there is a flood near you. For this reason, ensure that your vehicle never lacks the appropriate items to help you escape this uncomfortable moment.
The 8 most important elements that an emergency kit must have
You must always have an emergency kit in your home and know everything you must take to be properly equipped.
- First aid kit: Your emergency kit must have gauze and plasters. You can also not miss the bandages. These are quite useful if you get to suffer from an injury. Wounds and cuts that are superficial may not be that dangerous, but all floodwater can have bacteria that can end up infecting wounds.
You must have a first aid kit in your car. It must have the necessary items.
- Blankets and towels: It is quite necessary that you have a blanket and a towel to keep you dry. Some emergency services offer blankets because they make you feel comfortable and safe.
- Flashlight: if you are in a place that does not have electricity because it was cut off due to a flood, for this reason, it is ideal that you have a flashlight that allows you to see the entire environment.
- Bottled water: It is essential to have bottled water in your emergency kit, so you do not get dehydrated; you also need water to clean the wounds.
- Zip lock bag: You must have zip lock bags during a flood; this keeps all your objects and mobile phones dry.
- Silvato: this product will help you to let lifeguards know where you are; in this way, they can get to you easily, especially at night.
- Power Bank: You must keep two power banks charged to help you stay connected to your mobile phone.
- Gloves: To clean trapped and fallen debris, you must have gloves; in this way, you will always be prepared when there is a flood.
Other important elements
An emergency can happen at any time. This can happen to you when you are alone in your car. You should always have items in your vehicle: garbage bag, local and regional road maps, toilet paper, and tow rope.
It would help if you were equipped whenever you go out in your car on the road because you do not know how the weather can behave. Therefore, you must look for things that can help you in an emergency.
When you go on a trip in your vehicle, conveniently, you have the Feniex lights to light up properly. It is also essential that you bring tools to repair your car.
You cannot stop wearing shoes, clothes, dishes, kitchen utensils, and plastic. Before leaving your house, you must fill the gas tank and take enough cash. You must change your mobile phone and get a route map, so you don’t get lost.
It would help if you always were equipped when you leave your house. You don’t know what problem may arise.
Imagine how difficult it can be after a flood if you can’t show your ID. For this reason, you must have a copy of your documents wherever you go. You must include current photos of all the members of your family. This is if they get separated.
You should also have medical records, medications, and phone numbers of friends, family, and doctors. Vehicle titles, insurance, loan documents, and copies of your house keys.
Apart from having an emergency kit, you must have support for important documents if a flood occurs. You need to be cautious and keep your most important personal papers safe.
It would help if you placed a box or an airtight bag in a safe place in your vehicle where you can keep all personal documents. This way, you will have all your information on a reliable site.
You must plan and prepare before any natural disaster happens. This means that you can easily stay safe and not stop reading everything about floods so that you know how to deal with this situation best.
Bring adequate food
You must take food in your car during an emergency that will provide energy and keep you warm for a long time. You can’t miss hydration in the middle of a flood. You can have some chocolate, nuts, nutrition bars, sweet cookies, and food for your pet.
It would help if you eat properly before a flood, this makes you feel better, and you can have energy. Do not let fear and fatigue defeat you. The important thing is that you gain strength and try to face this moment as calmly as possible.
It would help if you didn’t forget the safety implements. These can be auxiliary cables for your car’s battery tire repair kit. If you have all the important elements, you don’t have to worry because you will get out of this uncomfortable situation.
If you are alone in your car, find a way to communicate with your family. This will allow you to let them know that you are okay. This way, they will not worry and know that you have a complete emergency kit to help you survive.
After you go through this flood situation, you will understand that you should always have an emergency kit in your car. Select a place in your vehicle where you can place it and take it everywhere.
With this emergency kit, you can save your life, never leave it, and have other people also have it in their vehicle. In this way, you will teach your friends and family to take the necessary measures so that they know how to face a flood.
Leave a Reply