Yearly, thousands of Americans and Canadians drive into Mexico. And in case you didn’t know already, the USA and Canadian insurance policies are not valid in Mexico. Thus, both American and Canadian tourists who want to travel with their vehicles to Mexico are required to purchase separate Mexican car insurance. Indeed, you can get one at the US-Mexico border. But in this case, you will pay more than it is actually worth it. Thus, the question that remains unanswered is what’s the most convenient and less expensive way to buy Mexican car insurance. Up next, we’ve shared our insight on this topic to help you decide what’s the best approach for you!
Why you need Mexican car insurance?
As mentioned above, Mexico does not consider valid within its premise American or Canadian auto insurance. Hence, if you, unfortunately, get involved in an accident in Mexico, your existing policy won’t be useful to cover for the damages. As such, Mexican authorities are allowed to take legal action an impound your car or even arrest you. This is why, when crossing the US-Mexico border, you are required to have Mexican car insurance. And the fastest way to get it is directly at the border. But did you know there is one convenient and affordable way to get Mexican car insurance?
Cost Effective Option
The most cost-effective option to buy Mexican car insurance is with the help of an online service such as the Mexican Insurance Store. And there are plenty of advantages that can come from this, including:
- You can buy your Mexican car insurance at any time;
- You can compare distinct quotes from different insurance providers;
- You will access the best deal for your Mexican car insurance;
- You won’t have to worry about paperwork. Purchasing a policy online means you only have to answer basic questions about you and your car;
- You receive your Mexican car insurance documents immediately;
- You pay for your policy with a secure online connection;
- You can save a lot of money, as you won’t use an intermediary, such as an insurance agent;
- You can benefit from 24/7 online support;
- You save a lot of time and hassle, meaning you will be ready for your trip to Mexico in no time.
So, now that you know the benefits of buying Mexican car insurance online, you most likely wonder what the company will ask for. The following questions are usually used in the online form in which you request a car policy:
- What type of care are you driving?
- What’s the value of your car?
- What limits are you expecting to receive?
- What’s the timeframe for your visit to Mexico?
- What’s the age of the driver?
- Is there anything towed?
As you can see, Mexican car insurance is quite different from the American or Canadian one, as there is not much information requested about your vehicle or driving history. So, if you aim to move forward and buy Mexican car insurance, you will have to do the following:
- Access an online comparison tool, such as the Mexican Insurance Store.
- Request a quote.
- Analyze, compare, and choose the best auto policy for your situation.
- Purchase the selected policy via a secured online connection.
- Receive the documents from the provider, print the policy, and you’re ready for your trip to Mexico!