We know why Salesforce is a perfect solution for the profit-centric business enterprises and how it earned the top position as the most functional CRM in the market. There are many enterprises, including the world’s most famous brands now rely on Salesforce for their sales, marketing, customer-related activities, and more. So, all are familiar with that part of business, but people are confused whether Salesforce can be used for nonprofit also and can leverage the Salesforce features for this purpose too?
Yes, it is very m much possible, and people already do so. You can use Salesforce CRM as a strong tool in constituent management for the fundraising projects too if you can use it effectively. As nonprofits have very specific needs to accomplish, you need to have an in-depth understanding of Salesforce to get the full out of it. For non-profile, the major domains covered by Salesforce are:
- Constituent management and fundraising campaigns
- Event management.
- Marketing communications etc.
Here in this article, we will go through some primary details as to how one can use the built-in features of Salesforce and its powerful resources to manage nonprofit initiatives as well as to ensure optimum performance by using innovative functionality of CRM. So, if you are aiming to push your efforts towards nonprofit fundraising management through Salesforce, let’s dive straight into it. Nonprofits now largely use Salesforce to manage their volunteers, donors, members, and other stakeholders.
Constituent management and management for fundraising
The important need for nonprofit organizations is to stay connected to supporters by accessing available info. It is also critical to make use of this data in order to drive in more traffic also for fundraising through effective engagement. Without constituents, any fundraising mission cannot move forward. This is the reason why it is important for the organization to identify the actual supporters and know how to connect effectively with them.
Being a comprehensive CRM, Salesforce can be your ideal resource for constituent data management. We will discuss a few effective strategies to use Salesforce for a better volunteer, donor, and constituent management:
- Use the nonprofit products of Salesforce. Salesforce offers many features like “re-imaginations.” With Nonprofit Pack, the users can easily access pre-configured Salesforce CRM features to meet the demands of fundraising and managing nonprofit donors.
- Build supporter profiles with custom relationships. It is possible for any constituent manger to add custom objects, fields, and relationships to Salesforce CRM without the need for any coding knowledge. One can create data sets in a unique way and can also get a comprehensive view of the constituents.
Nonprofit initiatives can use the built-in features of Salesforce and native applications to manage small or big-scale events.
For nonprofits, events for fundraising are the backbone of their operations. Sometimes, the need may be for several small-scale events, or there could be some major fundraiser events. For all these, you require proper management of guests, logistics, marketing, vendor management, event coordination, and more.
While you can use various third-party applications as offered by Flosum.com to plan such events, having instant access to all such features at a single place within Salesforce will offer you a more comprehensive and holistic approach to your efforts and let you more effectively streamline all event-related activities.
You can use many of such built-in features of Salesforce to plan and executive the events for maximizing event management effectiveness. Along with doing so, it is also recommended to find native Salesforce apps, which can lead to the capabilities of your CRM functionality to cover up more sophisticated event management tools. By leveraging the features of the right event management application, you can easily tackle the challenges of various levels of event management without leaving the CRM as below:
- Event registration. On Salesforce, it is possible to prepare a customized microsite for each vent and embed a dedicated registration process. It is possible to set up different entry types, plan sessions, and also offer some merchandise through an e-commerce interface.
- Logistics management. With this module, you can track the sponsors, coordinate speakers, make venue arrangements, manage sponsors, and deal with other necessities from the CRM itself.
- Guest management experience. From within the CRM, you can empower the guess by managing their individual agendas and also share the event with friends through social media platforms.
With the combination of Salesforce and through using the best event management app, you can consolidate your event planning efforts. Not only that you can also design a more productive event to attract more donors.
Marketing communication management plays a crucial role if you have to spread a word about your fundraising campaigns or events to raise funds. Even though there are many channels for communication, it is actually difficult for non-profile campaigners to identify the most appropriate channels for communication and also to connect with your actual supports effectively. Salesforce can help track down these efforts effectively through the CRM platform.
Inside Salesforce, nonprofits can manage their marketing communications comprehensively by leveraging the benefits of the most engaging channels as:
- Mail marketing. Being the conventional communication channel with universal nature, emailing could be one of the best modes of sharing newsletters, proving acknowledgments, and event marketing. You may design branded mails and automation of mail delivery using the CRM.
- Social media communication. You supporters may be on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., where your web presence largely relies on your social media presence. One can store all your constituents’ profile data in your CRM, and you can do proper tacking of the interactions.
- Direct mailing. Direct mails never go out of demand. It remains a powerful marketing strategy for many enterprises, including nonprofit organizations. This is a mode of formal communication to recipients across the spectrum, of various demographics. You can streamline your snail mail also on Salesforce by creating some direct mailing workflows and also automating the response tracking on Salesforce.
So no matter which type of communication mode you choose, Salesforce CRM makes it easier and effective to organize the recipient list, segment it, and then design the most professional and personalized material for communication.
Now that you know how Salesforce can be useful in nonprofit event management and communication, so it’s time o start exploring this useful CRM for your purpose.