A student has the responsibility of optimizing his or her performance in school. It can be done through a variety of tricks, based on the ability and preferences of a student. As an example, custom writing com for instance, provides information for homework and samples of papers in order to improve on your performance. Fitness is another option that enables the student to optimize performance.
The relationship between fitness and improved academic performance is not direct. It means that spending hours in the gym does not automatically result in better grades. However, there are advantages of fitness that will help you to achieve better grades and actualize your potential.
- Cognitive Skills
Learning is a subtle exercise that is reliant on the state of mind of a student. Exercise helps the student to improve his or her cognitive skills that will translate into better performance in class. Some of the cognitive skills developed during workout include
- Concentration and attention– the body is more alert while the mind can concentrate on the task at hand because of workout. Fitness exercises eliminate fatigue and sluggishness that causes a person to lose concentration. A student who pays attention in class will perform better during tests. Such a student is also able to grasp complex issues and will, therefore, produce captivating school work.
- Memory- the mind has sufficient supply of energy and nutrients to boost memory. A student who exercises can concentrate in class, grasp more ideas, and remember more when the situation requires. Memory will help the student during tests and in the field when he or she is required to apply the knowledge.
- Verbal ability- physical fitness has been proven to help students to improve on their psychomotor ability. Lifting weights, walking, stretching the muscles, and other movements involved in fitness regimes enable the student to coordinate movements and physical activities better. The potential of the student will be greatly improved.
- Academic Behavior
Success in academic work can be attributed to certain behaviors. For instance, the ability of a student to develop a routine, remain dedicated to school work, and focus on academics are all behaviors that will result in better performance. Here are academic behaviors that will improve as a result of fitness.
- Consistent attendance- fitness requires continued discipline while working out. Inconsistency will affect your level of fitness. The same discipline is seen in academics. A student follows up on school work and in the process will perform better.
- Homework completion- fitness requires planning so that the student has time to work-out and still study. The student will complete his or her homework and exercises because he or she has the energy and motivation. It translates into better academic performance.
- Focus- fitness requires choices and focus on the task at hand. This behavior will be witnessed in academic work where the student pays more attention to class work and assignments, resulting in improved performance.
The brain of a physically fit student is more creative and sharp. This can be attributed to sufficient supply of food and oxygen to the body. It also results from a host-body that is active and interacting with fast moving trend mills or running around the tracks. Working-out also releases hormones that are associated with excitement. It is this excitement that will boost your creative spirit. A creative student will deliver captivating work that earns him or her top grade.
Fitness requires a lot of discipline and personal initiative. These are the qualities required to improve your academic performance and education potential. By working out, you will attain higher academic performance with ease, and, therefore, get into your desired profession.