How Can I Easily Fix Steam Remote Play Not Working?. You can play well-known Steam titles on any portable device by using the Remote Play feature. For instance, you can stream games from your primary computer to your smartphone or another PC by using the Steam Link app. Although Steam Remote Play is a useful tool, it needs to be more reliable and occasionally stops operating. The Windows Steam client may malfunction for a number of reasons and be the cause of the “Steam Remote Play Feature Not Working” error if your Internet connection speed isn’t the issue. This is how to resolve it.
How To Fix Steam Remote Play Not Working?
In this article, you can know about Fix Steam Remote Play Not Working here are the details below;
Toggle Steam’s remote Play
The Settings section on Steam can be used to access the Remote Play feature. If you experience any momentary connection problems, try turning off and then back on Remote Play on Steam. Turn these steps to deactivate the functionality:
- Ensure that you have exited Family View prior to starting the Steam client.
- Select Settings from the menu after selecting Steam in the upper left corner.
- Select the Remote Play tab from the left side of the Settings dialog box.
- Uncheck the box next to “Enable Remote Play” and click “OK” to disable Steam Remote Play.
- Restart the Steam client after that.
- Check the Enable Remote Play box under Settings > Remote Play.
- To make the changes take effect, click OK.
- Apple TV, Roku, and Samsung Smart TVs Check whether anything has changed by restarting the Steam client.
Disable IPv6 on PC
If the issue continues, try turning off the most recent iteration of the Internet protocol, regardless of whether you use IPv6 and IPv4 addresses. For instance, take the following actions to stop your connection from utilizing IPv6: Also check error code 0x80070570
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Press control and click OK to bring up the Control Panel.
- Steam Remote Play Not Functioning Click the Network and Sharing Center button after selecting the Network and Internet module.
- In the left pane, click Change adapter settings to examine your network adapters.
- Select Properties with a right-click on your Ethernet or WiFi network connection.
- Scroll down to the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) in the Properties menu.
- Press OK to apply the changes immediately by unchecking the TCP/IPv6 item.
- Go out of the Control Panel and make sure Remote Play is operational.
Switch on the steam overlay
To make Remote Play work, you can also activate Steam Overlay. You can use this overlay feature to access Steam Community services while you’re playing a game. To activate Steam Overlay, take the following actions:
1- On the backup device, open the Steam client.
2 – To access Settings, click Steam in the upper right corner of the screen.
3 – Next, select the In-Game tab from the left pane.
4- While in the game box, check the Enable Steam Overlay option.
- Next, set up the Overlay shortcut keys if you’d like.
- Click OK to apply the modifications.
7-Once the game you want to broadcast next is activated, launch Steam Overlay by hitting Shift + Tab or your custom key.
Turn off hardware encoding
To speed up PC streaming, gamers frequently use hardware encoding in Steam. Even though it’s a useful feature, it might interfere with Remote Play. Disable hardware encoding and observe whether this aids in problem solving.
1- Turn off hardware encoding in the Steam client on your computer.
2 – Click to select Steam’s Settings.
3-Click the Remote Play tab in the left pane.
- Select Advanced Client Options as the next step.
5 – Uncheck the Enable hardware encoding choice in the pop-up window.
6 – To save the modifications and disable hardware encoding, click OK.
Resolving Remote Play difficulties is simple when you install the Steam Link program on both your host and guest PCs. As an alternative, you can fix the problem by unpairing your linked devices or turning on Remote Play again. Verify your firewall and IPv4 settings again in order to troubleshoot network issues. Please feel free to ask any questions or offer recommendations in the space provided for comments below. Also check Error Code 10004