The Healthcare sector has evolved so much for a few decades. Information technology has played a crucial role in that. With time, so many new hardware and software were adopted by the healthcare industry for the better health of the people. Moreover, hardware and software evolved with time and became dependent upon each other.
Currently, many healthcare procedures include a balance of hardware and software to monitor and cure various diseases. From operating the patient to developing vaccines against new viruses, Healthcare has continuously shown its dependence upon the technology.
Now when the dependency of the healthcare sector on technology has increased, common people are adopting modern ways of keeping a track of their health. To help with that task, healthcare apps have been playing a crucial role. For an example, users can track their wellness with sensors measuring their heart rates, blood pressure, etc.
As a developer, you need to design perfect apps as they play a crucial role in the wellbeing of users. Therefore, the best way is to design an app with useful features and release it after proper testing on various platforms.
In this article, we will talk about a few Prototyping Tools used by top healthcare app development companies. These tools can make the designing process faster and easier for you. You can use these designers to design apps, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Medication Tracker System, Que Management System, etc.
Why Do You Need Prototyping Tools?
Well, before we proceed further, let’s understand this part a bit better. Prototyping tools are software that can be used to represent the mockup design. It enables designers to prepare a UI/UX mock based on the concept which will be applied to the actual app or healthcare software.
- Prototyping is important to develop mock wireframes including UI and functions of the app;
- It can be used to design UI, forms, interactions, etc;
- You can test color choice, graphics, fonts, and other elements to figure out if they are suitable for the app or not;
- You can show the design to some future users and ask for feedback;
- You can create an effective minimum viable product strategy and test it before beginning the development process.
1. Adobe Experience Design
Adobe Experience Design or Adobe XD is very popular amongst developers due to its variety of features and accessibility when it comes to the designing process. The software offers features like designing components, grids, adding 3D perspective, building resizable cards, etc.
You can also design content on other platforms like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch, and import them on this software to use them.
Features of Adobe XD
- Swap and change the size of bulk content at once;
- Design UI on softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc and import them to use;
- Add duplicate grids and galleries instantly, without any hassle;
- Add features like hovering and toggling icons, 3D icons, etc;
- Use one design to push on all components of the UI at once;
- You can add animations in the prototype and test across devices.
Balsamiq is designed by keeping new and experienced developers and UI designers in mind. The software offers more than 500 pre-designed icons and components to boost up the designing process. Moreover, Balsamiq Wireframes lets you sketch your app on the computer for a more interactive and user-friendly experience.
Features of Balsamiq
- Make app mockups and collaborate with the team on this software;
- Use Drag & Drop feature to add components quickly;
- Test app in different versions to make sure it works;
- Use templates to integrate them with your design for a faster process;
- Go through the revision history to find out changes done;
- It works even without an internet connection.
Sketch is another one of the best tools for UI designers to build prototypes. The tool allows you to collaborate with your team members and work on projects together. Currently, the tool is being used by 1 million+ people from all over the world. You can use Sketch for free with a 30 days trial. Later, you can subscribe to use its services.
Features of Sketch
- The software allows Vector editing;
- Use shared libraries to add reusable components in your app;
- Add smart layouts to make them auto adjustable according to the device;
- Define and reuse color variables, designs, and texts across the entire app;
- Preview the design and make changes at any stage of the process;
- Drag & drop components with one click to boost the speed of the process.
4. Origami Studio
Origami Studio was developed by Facebook to create an easy to use platform. Moreover, the designing tool is also well known for its modern components and design templates.
The software has a stunning library of patches including animations, buttons, boolean operators, icons, etc. As the name suggests, you can use Origami Studio to create a rough sketch of the UI to get rid of common mobile ui ux mistakes by preparing in advance.
Features of Origami Studio
- Origami Studio is better for building microinteractions and other small high fidelity prototypes compared to its alternatives;
- Build interactive and powerful components with the patch editor;
- Set positions easily by alloting units to Relative and Absolute parameters;
- Create visuals with pre-recorded audio or live recording;
- Pick pictures from the photo gallery to integrate them;
- Import data from Sketch and Figma easily to work on that.
5. Axure RP 9
Axure RP 9 prototyping tool comes with a free trial for users. It has a variety of features to build prototypes for apps, forms, wireframes, etc. Moreover, the software is known for testing the prototype exactly like a real application.
Features of Axure RP 9
- Use prototypes built on Adobe XD, Figma, and Sketch to get their feedback with Axure;
- Collaborate with your team members and assign tasks according to their skills. It allows you to work parallely on the project;
- Use static images and turn them into the prototype quickly;
- Download assets from the Axure cloud to integrate them with the prototype;
- Use Axure free-trial for 30 days with accessibility to all of its features.
Now, when I have informed you about top 5 prototype tools, I believe you will find any of these softwares more than enough for many purposes. However, if you are planning to design an app, or you are planning to hire health and fitness app developers, I recommend you to use these tools to build a prototype first. That way, you will be able to figure out the effectiveness of your final plan.
Jason Camaya loves carrying his camera wherever he goes. When he doesn’t click pictures, Jason loves to write, play video games, and procrastinate. He has been writing for the technology vertical for quite sometime now, and as talented as he gets, he is giving tough competition to his fellow writers. He has been featured in many websites and blogs.