Insta today has more possibilities for content creation. And if 10 years ago only images were its main hallmark, then today you are free to design & post Stories, IGTV, Reels, Live videos, and create Highlights.
But among so many content types, inspirational Insta pictures have been (and will continue to be) the most traditional and still attractive type of Insta content to not only draw on users but also to inspire, motivate, educate with simple collage guides, images of travel bloggers, influencers, etc. or make you laugh from a funny meme.
I’m sure that you’ve ever come across a stunning image on Insta and after that, think about how it would be great to get it into your phone gallery or pc folder. Thus, it would be easy to access the content without going to Insta every time and enlarge your offline photo collection on your preferable device.
Let’s explore 3 trendy methods of Insta image saving (on mobile and PC). But first, how about your IG images downloading into a mobile?
How to save images you’ve created on Insta to your phone
Thanks to one of the IG features, you may automatically upload photos you’ve taken or/and edited with an Insta camera and in-built filters to a mobile gallery.
How to activate this photo-saving feature?
- Go to your IG profile and click on a “hamburger” menu in the top right corner.
- Tap “Settings” at the top of the pop-up menu, then click on “Account”.
- Click on the “Original photos” line and then drag the slider so that the button illuminates (it means you have activated the automatic saving of photos to your camera).
Now, all photos taken with in-build Instagram’s feed camera will be automatically uploaded to your mobile gallery.
How to save Instagram photos of other users
Unfortunately, IG doesn’t have a feature that enables you to download Instagram picture content of other users out of the platform (because of copyright issues). But there are effective methods of image uploading, and I’ll talk about them here. It’s up to you to decide which download way is best for you.
Way 1. Online downloaders
I would consider this method to be the easiest and most economical in terms of device memory and your time. That’s because online savers don’t require installation and download photos in seconds. There are many such web instruments (IGram, Bigbangram Insta photo downloader, Insta Offline, InstaDownloader, InstaDownloader.co, IGDownloader, DownloadGram), and the principle of downloading photos is similar in all of them.
In this example, we used the Insta Offline tool:
- Pick out an Insta image you wish to save and press on “ellipsis” on the right top corner to copy the picture link.
- Go to the downloader and insert the link into an empty field.
- Press the download button and wait for seconds to load the pic.
- Click on the green download icon again to save the pic into your pc Downloads folder.
Way 2. Tricky workaround (for pc)
If you’re a stickler for workarounds and sometimes tricky ways of doing things, you might like this method. Of course, it will take you more time, but you can forget about using third-party tools.
Note: this method works only on a desktop browser.
How to save Instagram photos via page source:
- Load your Insta page and choose a pic.
- Open the pic in a new window tab and then right-click on it to open a pop-up menu.
- Choose there “View page source” and then with a search feature (Ctrl+F or ⌘ + F for mac owners) to type in “.jpg”.
- Stop at the first marked jpg link and copy everything between the quotation marks starting from https (without selecting the quotation).
- Insert the copied URL into a new browser tab and then right-click on the pic to save it on your computer.
Way 3. Special apps for mobiles
If you are ready to install a third-party app on mobile to save Instagram photos, then we also have smth to offer you. For example, Regrammer (Reposter for Instagram) for iPhone or InsTake Downloader, Regrann, Quick Save for Android.
Of course, this way of image saving requires more time for app installation and extra memory on your mobile. But if you resort to downloading photos from Insta and quality is the main thing for you, you are free to pick out this method.
Such apps have a user-friendly interface and a handy way of image saving. So, your main task is to install, then launch the app and go into your IG profile to choose a pic.