In the fastest-growing technology world where the use of software-intensive goods has skyrocketed to meet with everyday challenges, the development of software is being carried out rapidly.
Today, users expect their software to work everywhere and efficiently, regardless of whether the medium for using this software is either a mobile device or a desktop.
For IT sectors, it is a challenge to quickly respond to these users’ inquiries.
Consequently, to meet the growing demands of end-users, different software development methodologies were introduced like Waterfall, Scrum, Six Sigma, and the latest are Agile and DevOps.
Amongst all, DevOps become the evident solution to help organizations meet the growing demands of the IT industry. DevOps approach tends to allow the organization to speed up the development process and release efficient and high-quality products.
Before we dig deeper and find the answer to how DevOps can redefine your IT strategy, we must understand what DevOps is. It’s always better to know the basics to avoid confusion.
What is meant by DevOps
We all know DevOps is short for development and Operation. It was designed to enforce the cultural bridge where development and operation teamwork together while eliminating the communication bottlenecks.
In DevOps processes, working in continuous communication and collaboration with the team working on the project is vital. It does not support silos. DevOps relies on extensive automation throughout the development pipeline for continuous delivery and deployment of software.
Furthermore, DevOps is designed to encourage flexible development cycle and promote swift respond to application problems simultaneously, enhancing the time-to-market with upgraded and better new features with each release.
DevOps is redesigning information technology every day. The IT organizations can further redefine their own strategies using DevOps approach effectively.
How DevOps is Reshaping IT Strategy
Practicing a DevOps methodology can make you carefully design a firm IT strategy and make it more inclusive. DevOps help to deliver the solutions to the prospective client with effective input and output while influencing the way an organization should operate efficiently.
IT Strategies are intended on delivering quality software on time, quickly troubleshooting of bugs and errors, improving user experience, and maximizing the chances to prompt responses to feedback.
According to the State of DevOps Report, it has become apparent that for the IT industry to firmly strive in the highly completive market having a DevOps supporting the IT strategy is necessary.
It is also stated that “51% of companies are using DevOps structure and have proper dedicated DevOps team actively working.”
As a result, more and more are interested in learning about the DevOps methodologies and basic knowledge of the latest trends in the field. Companies are now investing more on employees’ DevOps certification training for future progress.
According to the latest stats it is said that “By the year 2023, the market value of DevOps will reach 12.3 billion US dollars.”
Let’s take a look at some of the elements of an organization which are positively affected by incorporating DevOps in their IT strategy:
- Performance: The primary focus of DevOps is to shorten the development cycle by progressively eliminating the hindrance, which can instantly put a dent on the company’s overall performance.
DevOps aims to provide uninterrupted delivery of software to solve complex problems and faster troubleshooting. It definitely helped companies such as Facebook, Amazon, and Google to reshape their business as per the latest IT demands.
- Security: In DevOps, every stage of development cycle is automated. This in return, offers better information security and early bug fixes in every stage.
All companies strive to reduce the development cycle and emphasize on continuous improvements. It is important to take customer experience into account by providing the better and secure product. DevOps solves security problems by providing relevant tools, practices and ideas which can mitigate the security threats.
Not only DevOps cut down the cost for testing and security but integrating DevOps in IT strategy has helped to produce high performance to meet the company’s goal. DevOps approach practices continuous testing at every level of development cycle and not restricted to production level only.
- Collaborative Work Environment: Proactive management of issue can only be achieved without the presence of paucity of communication between the experts involved in the development. DevOps culture key element of teams working together without the barrier of communication.
It is measured that the companies embracing the DevOps culture tends to have higher IT department performance. In an organization where DevOps is practives, the development and operation team work without the presence of silo, thus resulting in faster release.
- Continuous Delivery: Irrespective of the goal of the IT strategy, having a quick and continuous delivery of products is the key for any organization. Today, every IT industry demands quick delivery, faster deployment, ceaseless testing, more time-to-market and shorter release cycles.
Since every process is automated, therefore, any update, addition or change in the code is automatically compiled, tested, and then sent to the production department. The prime focus of the continuous delivery is to deliver the final product to the customers on time.
- Eliminating Silos: Silos occur when there is a gap in communication between the members involved in the development, testing and operation, less feedback sharing and more time in fixing the errors.
- DevOps was designed to eliminate silos. DevOps methodology allows regular code review, early bugs discovery, and fixes. DevOps promotes communication between the peers to discuss the issues and create proper documentation. For any IT industry, the DevOps method is the key to improve productivity and user engagement.
- Improve Customer Experience: Organizations mostly rely on customer experiences to measure the overall of performance of company throughout the year. Customer experience is the game changer for any niche. DevOps practices aimed at providing companies with better customer experience by meeting the daily customer requirements and challenges that are attached to them.
Delivery of better quality and efficient product to the end-user helps to climb up the user experience chart for better.
Developing DevOps Talent to Overcome the IT Challenges
To overcome the IT challenges it is curcial to have a system which can eliminate the hurdles. DevOps practices offer just that. For an IT industry, it is crucial to meet the emerging demand of not only the industry but that of customers as well. Having an IT strategy that not only revolves around the business revenue growth but also focuses on user experience is important. Companies often can’t cope with the constant change; DevOps helps to lower failure rate by 50% by effectively adapting to changes.
The future of DevOps in IT industry is brighter than ever and now is the time to get the DevOps certification training or relevant degree.
Information technology industry now focuses more on adopting DevOps culture by gaining the basic to advance education on the said field. And if you are interested to join any of the big names (like Facebook, Google, Etst, Amazon) in the IT market then it is high time to get the proper knowledge and skillset via certification courses.