With competition getting cut-throat over time and the customers turning choosier and smarter, businesses have no other way than enhancing customer service quality. For this reason most companies resort to the deployment of helpdesk software. Usage of helpdesk software helps in easing and streamlining of the activities involved in ticket management. Helpdesk Ticketing System can be utilized to bring numerous benefits to any organization, belonging to any sector.
Functions of the help desk ticketing system It is not without convincing reasons thousands of companies, including MNCs and SMBs, resort to helpdesk ticketing applications.
- Deploying a suitable helpdesk tool with a robust ticketing management system helps simplify the complexity involved in customer support.
- It also offers useful insight into the nuances of support operations to the management. The identification of problems becomes more effortless.
- Such software comes with useful automation services that can tackle basic and repetitive tasks related to ticket handling.
Advantages of helpdesk ticketing systems business can avail
The significant benefits of using suitable helpdesk ticketing software are:
- Fewer complications in ticket management- The most apparent advantage of using ticket management system in customer support is reduced complications. The software handles a majority of tasks involved in ticket raising and assigning- automating the redundant functions of human agents. Since the software does not get subjected to human errors and pitfalls, the complications are almost non-existent. The management does not have to cope with issues like agents forgetting things, falling ill or absence of agents.
- Better streamlining of ticket management operations- When the helpdesk software handles a large part of ticket management, things get streamlined and more organized. The software can be set up to convert tickets automatically from chat logs, emails, and even social media accounts. The software can also be configured to assign tickets to specific agents based on priority and skill sets of available agents.
- Reduced workload on the agents- Customer support jobs tend to be pretty stressful and hectic-regardless of the sector of the company. The agents need to deal with plenty of calls, reply to lots of emails and phone calls on a daily basis. This can stress them out and using suitable helpdesk ticketing software can mitigate work stress to an extent. This software has automation features using which ticket handling related tasks can be automated and scheduled to a large scale. This ensures the agents need not deal with repetitive tasks at all times. They can focus on resolving really complicated cases.
- Time-saving- Another significant advantage of deploying helpdesk is that it helps the agents and the customers save time. The customers can resort to any support channel, including social media and live chat to raise tickets online. After the card is increased, the software takes over and assigns the tickets to suitable agents. The customers get updates until the tickets are resolved. So, they do not have to spend much time. The agents get tickets assigned, and they can start working on these right away. They do not have to scour every support channel to figure out the number of pending tickets.
- Evading conflicts and escalation of issues- Using a suitable helpdesk ticketing application helps the companies evade complications involved in ticket resolutions, and they can avoid the unnecessary increase of situations too. These software applications have embedded alert features that notify when two agents mistakenly work on the same ticket. The management can also learn about the status of the tickets that are pending for a long time.
- Updating the customers made easy- The customers want prompt resolution of issues and queries when they raise tickets- using any of the support channels. At times, there can be a delay in the resolution of tickets. In such situations, the software can be used to update customers. In fact, such software solutions have features that automatically update customers until their issues are resolved.
- Continuous-round the clock support- Not all companies have the resources and budget to offer 24×7 customer support. However, the customers can contact the support team whenever they face troubles, and delay in response can make them irate. A feature-laden helpdesk tool with a robust ticketing system is the solution to this problem. Even if it is a holiday or the agents are absent, the software can create the ticket from supported channels automatically. The software can also be programmed to send an automated response to the customer before a human agent can take up the case. This can also be useful for those companies that offer services in regions in various time zones.
- Cost-saving benefits- By deploying a helpdesk ticketing system in your company, you are able to bring down support related expenses to an extent. Since such software has useful automation features- you can do with fewer support agents eventually. This has a direct impact on running costs.
- Enhanced productivity- When helpdesk ticketing software is deployed in an organization, it handles basic ticket handling tasks with precision and regularity. The agents are able to handle more tickets per day, and overall productivity gets a boost. They are also able to resolve tickets faster as they are already segregated and prioritized by the software.
- Professional image- Using helpdesk ticket management helps a company appear professional to the customers. The customers get a prompt response for the tickets they raise- either by the software or by the agents-based on the situation. They also receive updates on their tickets until a resolution is reached. They neither have to face complications, nor is there much delay involved. So, they feel good about the service quality of the company.
- Customer retention and revenue growth- The companies that use a suitable helpdesk software with ticket management system more often than not end up increasing the customer satisfaction level. Prompt response from the support team (or the software) and enhanced quality support make the customers happier. When the customers get faster, a more straightforward resolution to their grievances/queries, they are likely to remain loyal to a brand. This helps in better retention rates- which paves the way for revenue growth.
Features to check in a ticketing software application
When you buy a Service desk ticketing solution, look for the following features:
- Ease of use, learning- The ticketing software should have a simple UI with features that are easy to learn. The UI should not look cluttered. Otherwise, both agents and customers will face difficulty.
- Functional integration- The company may already be using multiple software and cloud-based solutions. The Ticketing software should support thee apps and online services. It should have support for the CRM datable used in the company.
- Decent security features- The helpdesk ticketing software will be linked with the software used by the company and CRM database. So, security is an aspect you cannot really overlook. The software should have inbuilt provisions for multi-level security. Password protection and predefined access level are desirable in this regard. This will prevent the risk of unauthorized access to vital data.
- Mobile friendly, web-based solution- Like millions of people, some of your customers will access the helpdesk solution by using mobile devices. So, the ticketing app has to be mobile compatible. It is better if it is a web-based service. That way, people using various platforms and web browsers will be able to use it smoothly.