What is Frontend Frameworks?
Web development technology has witnessed immense growth in recent times. The introduction of new tools has made the job of web app development a lot easier.
One such tool is Frontend Frameworks. Front-end Framework is a software that enables web development companies to slashes the development time to build enterprise-grade websites & applications.
These frameworks eliminate the need to create everything from scratch for any web development company working on any sized project. This blog will explore the top 5 Front-end Framework in 2022.
Without wasting much time, let’s dive in.
Top 5 Front-end Frameworks in 2022
Today, more than 2 million websites are built using ReactJS, which shows its extreme popularity.
- Excellent performance as it receives regular updates from Facebook itself.
- You can reuse the same components in a different part of the application.
- Its virtual Document Object Model allows fast app rendering & reduced turn-around time.
- It’s a perfect framework for the beginner as it has a shorter learning curve.
- Constant updates might make it complex to keep track of its various components
- With ReactJS, you can build just the User Interface or Front-end of your web applications or website.
Now let’s explore the applications of React JS:
- The most popular application of React JS is to build Data Visualisation tools & Dashboards.
- It’s a perfect fit for building Social Media applications.
- E-commerce & Retail.
- Single-page applications.
When should you avoid ReactJS?
- When you Front end designers are familiar with HTML & CSS
Developed by Google, AngularJS is arguably the most popular & most used Front-end Framework available right now. Even big corporations like Microsoft use AngularJs web development for their websites & web applications.
- An excellent framework for developing web applications.
- Enjoys unparalleled support as it is developed & maintained by Google.
- Angular Material ensures the Material Design interface process is highly efficient.
- Coders can restructure & reuse interdependent codes for better usability.
- It supports MVC architecture.
- It isn’t easy to manage Angular Components.
- It’s not easy to transfer the existing legacy structure to AngularJS.
- Works slow on older systems.
- Steep learning curves.
- AngularJS is perfect to create single-page websites.
- AngularJs web development is great for building menus.
When should you avoid AngularJS?
- While building games.
- While building a smaller website.
If you love simplicity, Vue.js is designed specifically for you! Launched in 2014, Vue.js is developed by independent developers & designers, unlike the previous two. Vue.js was developed by integrating the best features of ReactJS & Angular.
Vue.js is an excellent choice, especially for beginners, as it is quite easy to learn. So if you or your team is new to programming, Vue.js should be your choice. All its features are easily accessible & it offers two-way data binding without the need for extra libraries.
This is the reason why there are almost 1.8 million websites that are built using Vue.js. So if you are looking for something efficient & yet simple to master, go for this amazing software.
- It’s extremely easy to learn & work with as it’s simple.
- It delivers excellent documentation.
- It’s feather-light as compared to its peers, which makes it super fast too.
- Comes with its own extensions of web development tools.
- As there is no central authority, Vue.js often suffers from coding errors.
- Language barrier as it is developed in China.
- Perfect for the apps with animation & interactive elements.
- When you want to integrate multiple apps.
When Not to Use
- When you need TypeScript support, as Vue.js TypeScript support is not up to the mark
It enjoys robust support from its veteran community, so whenever you are stuck somewhere, it is easy to find help.
- Makes coding simple, easy & efficient.
- It is way better than your regular JS libraries.
- There is a lot of internet material available to help you succeed in jQuery.
- Wide-spread & professional community for better support.
- You need to import a massive file as jQuery is a single file.
- It can make your app or website heavy & slow.
- A bit outdated tool.
- You can build Ajax-based applications.
- It can be used when you need reusable & simple codes.
- You can build plug-insuring jQuery.
When Not to Use
- When you already have better tools that offer better results than jQuery.
- When you want to work on something advanced.
EmberJS is a great Front-end Framework that is suitable for web-app & mobile-app development alike. It has excellent data handling & routing capability that makes it unique amongst other frameworks.
- It is super-fast & shows excellent performance.
- It offers excellent development conditions to the developers
- It’s very well-documented as compared to its peers.
- Steep Learning Curve
- It is very heavy
- It’s not much popular & hence enjoys limited support.
- It can be used to build apps that need data management & application flow.
- It can be used if you need better productivity.
When Not to Use EmberJS?
- When you are not EmberJs pro as it has limited community support.
- When you are working on smaller projects.
Factors for Choosing the Best Front End Framework
There are a lot of Front-end Frameworks available for creating web apps & websites. But you should consider the following factors before choosing anyone.
- It should offer Server-side rendering.
- It must be extremely flexible.
- It delivers excellent productivity
- It must provide support for Mobile development.
- It must be able to offer support in the future too.
No Frontend Frameworks is ideal & none of it is bad b/ut the selection depends on what are the specific goals of your web development company. We hope this detailed guide on the top 5 Front-end Frameworks will help you make the right decisions while choosing your project’s front-end framework.
Arjun Solanki is a Business Growth Strategist at a Leading mobile app development company in the USA. He has experience in developing and executing digital strategies for large global brands in a variety of business verticals. Apart from working on a long-lasting relationship with customers and boosting business revenue, he is also interested in sharing my knowledge on various technologies and their influence on businesses through effective blog posts and article writing.