It is not always true that you will need to take an expensive route to cover your sofas. There are a few innovative, practical, and cheap ways to cover your furniture most elegantly. If done correctly, these covers will not only add a new look to your room but will also be comfortable to sit on them. It will not slip every time you sit on your sofa. Here are the three most practical ways to cover your sofa.
First, you can cover your sofa or a chair by using a loose fit slipover. If you do it correctly, you can even make it look like one of those custom-made covers. The process to follow include:
- Washing the slipcovers before you put them on your sofa. Do not dry them entirely to keep the wrinkles to a minimum.
- Putting the slipcover on with the center front tab in the right position by constantly arranging, smoothing and tucking it
- Arranging the length of the slipcover all around the sofa
- Finding the four ties at each corner and tie them loosely on the back corners and front arms and
- Pushing in the excess fabric as much as you can inside the crevices.
You can add elegance to your sofa by throwing on some pillows. There are also a few great ideas to use no-sew pillow covers, such as covering and pinning them with white quilts.
Use canvas drop cloths
Another right way to cover your sofas, especially if you do not find any sofa covers that also fit on the love seat, is by using canvas drop cloths. This is also a no-sew and no-hassle option. However, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- This is a method in which everything may not line up just the way you want it – perfectly
- The amount of extra drop cloth available hanging at the sides and bottom will depend on the size of the sofa and the drop cloth and
- It will need some practice to cover the love seat, which is ideally not created equal.
To use the entire canvas properly, you will need to measure your sofa accurately by using a sewing measuring tape. You must measure the:
- Width of the seat and
- Height from the floor.
Add two inches at least to all of these to get a canvas drop cloth of the right size. Drape it over the sofa to find the center, roughly, and tuck in the sides of it under the arms and seat cushions and pin them with heavy-duty safety pins.
Use a staple gun
You can even reupholster your sofa without sewing. You will need a staple gun for it. This will prevent any mess and wrinkles on it. Just make sure that there is an adequate amount of fabric tucked correctly in all over. Cut any excess fabric on the floor.
Put the middle piece cutting it straight across and leaving enough fabric for the back and sides to cover. Staple it, and you are ready to use it, once again.
Test Different Slipcovers
You should test various kinds of slipcovers while you are searching for one to cover your couch. You will come to realize numerous fundamental things in regards to couch covers which will in the long run help you in:
- Choosing the correct covers
- Styling it impeccably with embellishments and
- Adding another importance to your home style mixing it effectively with the current one.
These covers will shield your couch from spills and recolors and furthermore tidy up your home without changing the furniture that you have been utilizing for a considerable length of time. The readymade slipcovers will give you a reasonable way to cover and ensure your benefits.
The things that you will come to know while looking for these slipcovers include:
- You must think about the style, size, and state of your couch to pick the most appropriate one. You will likewise need to consider the back pads appended to it alongside the size and state of the arms of the couch.
- You should set it up appropriately to fit it directly on your sofa also. In the event that there are wrinkles, you should iron or steam it before putting it on.
- Knitted slipcovers are obviously superior to the woven ones with regards to a more tight fit and on the off chance that you need a custom-made look.
You should pick aslipcover thinking about the utilization, wear, and tear factors. On the off chance that you drink and rest on the couch, with your family and kids(!), go for a tough and stain-safe slipcover, for example, polyester slipcovers rather than cotton ones.
Making your couch spread
It is anything but difficult to restore your old love seat by utilizing couch covers, particularly when you find that you have a strict financial plan to bear the cost of another one at the present time. You can purchase another arrangement of covers or make your own to restore your exhausted couch. By and by, you should test various sorts of covers to locate the best one.
Making your couch covers is the least economical approach to redo it precisely the manner in which you need. Pick the shading and texture you need, cut it and either fold it or sew it and you are finished. You can even add a couple of embellishments to give your covers a special look.
To make your couch spread, the devices that you will require include:
- Sewing estimating tape
- A pair of scissors
- Sewing machine
- Cardboard tubes
- Straight pins or strong self clasping pins.
On the off chance that you need a no-sew couch spread, you can utilize a drop fabric. This is a modest texture and needs no particular abilities to cut them and fold them inside the edges.
The styling tips
At last, you will come to realize the couch styling tips, including tucking and others, that will make the covers look fantastic. You will know how you can utilize the additional texture, tucking it utilizing a take care of hardware and blend and match various textures for that additional magnificence and articulation. You can even utilize these slipcovers on cowhide couches that return with free pads.