Keeping your house clean that will not consume too much of your time is a bit challenging. Just the mere thought of having to clean floors, carpets, and other surfaces every day, is enough to exhaust you. You may even see yourself on the verge of hiring help at times.
Time has never been of so much value like it is today. Fortunately, there are convenient and useful gadgets available today that can make your cleaning life simple. And the innovative robot mops are on top of that list.
These smart home appliances can save you precious time on your chores. You can even set them up to clean when you’re not home. Keep on reading to find out more.
Why You Should Invest In A Robot Mop
Mopping robots are highly convenient. However, they’re a bit expensive in comparison to a traditional mop and bucket combo. Although the good old cleaning tool can do a fine cleaning job, a robotic cleaner saves time, making it worth your investment.
A robot mop can automatically do the cleaning of your home while you’re at work or doing other chores. It’s especially great if you’re a busy person who has no time to do regular cleaning around your house. It is also ideal for people who own dogs that shed constantly. Although you can’t avoid cleaning, you can make it a whole lot easier.
Having the best robot mop can fix these concerns. It will also allow you to relax and provide you with more time to relax. You can use this time to spend with your family or make dinner. You can even use it for those home improvements that you’ve been neglecting for months.
Advantages Of Owning A Robotic Cleaner
- Keeps floors pet hair-free
As much as we love our pets, dealing with their constant shedding can be quite annoying. But with your mopping robot, all you have to do is empty it out every couple of days or so. It can keep your flooring free from the troublesome pet hair while allowing you to focus on other chores like cleaning your bathroom or kitchen.
- Gets rid of debris easily
There will be plenty of debris throughout your house, especially in areas receiving the most foot traffic. You can reduce the amount of dirt and debris in your home by simply running your robot on its main level.
Keep in mind though that these devices can’t handle massive rocks, clusters of dirt, and even tiny pebbles. So you need to tidy up beforehand. Nonetheless, your floors will still be cleaned and look amazing.
- You can schedule its cleaning time
Not all robot devices can provide you with this convenience. Those that have the scheduled cleaning feature are simple to program. You can set up your machine to mop while you’re at work or before going to bed. You’ll have clean floors when you come home or wake up.
- It can clean those hard to reach areas
A good robotic mop with a low-profile can go under your furniture to clean. They can reach under your china cabinet, bed, and sofa easily, so you don’t have to hurt your back doing so.
- Mopping options
Most models offer wet, dry, or damp mopping options. They typically come with various settings and interchangeable cleaning cloths. It’s a major benefit if you have floorings susceptible to water accumulation.
- Spot cleaning
Some models have a spot cleaning function where you can simply direct the mopping robot towards any sticky spots or spills that require cleaning. The device will then focus all its efforts on that area.
- Relatively quiet
Almost all robot mops are quieter than your regular upright vacuum. Some models tend to be louder, but not louder than box fans.
- It can also vacuum
Many mopping robots today are hybrid, meaning they’re a mop and vacuum in one handy device. These multi-tasking robovacs can handle several types of floors and can surely save you money and time in the long run.
Features To Consider
These cleaning gadgets can perform the challenging task of mopping your floorings while you go about your other tasks. They are not cheap, but there are plenty of affordable options out there.
There are also several essential features you need to take into consideration when shopping for the best robot mop. Moreover, you may want to check out these best mopping robots (editor’s choice) to ensure you’ll end up with the right one suitable for your needs.
- Size. This is a vital factor to consider. Keep in mind that with robot mops, it’s not always necessary to get the biggest machine. The smaller robots are usually more agile. They can easily get in and out of tight spaces in comparison to larger models.
- Sensors. Most of these units have basic sensor features that can aid the device in navigating your space. They’ll be able to detect staircases, drops, and obstacles along the way. So in terms of your sensor requirements, make sure to consider the areas where you’ll often use your unit.
- Battery life. Opt for a device that has a long battery lifespan if you have a larger house or if you’ll be running it for longer periods.
- Water tank. Not all units come with a water tank. You need to manually dampen the mop or your floor to start the cleaning process. Those models with water reservoirs can do almost everything with little to no assistance from you.
- Your home. You need to consider the size of your home and its floor type when selecting the right mopping robot. Some units are great at cleaning tiles or wood, while some can operate for an extended period.
Mopping Robot Shortcomings
Here are some disadvantages of robotic mops:
- Price. Their price is usually around $150 to over $500 depending on the model you choose. There are low-end hybrid models that more affordable than most vacuum cleaners. However, their cleaning ability is not comparable to the versatility and power of a vacuum.
- Small water reservoirs. Some models come with small water tanks. It means that you have to refill it a few times when cleaning larger rooms.
- Manual mopping and vacuuming. You still have to do some manual mopping or sweeping if your floorings are highly soiled. The same goes for big spills, messes that will get smeared everywhere, and clutter. Also, your mop may get confused if there are plenty of obstacles along the way.
- The mop may get stuck. Some robot mop models can become stuck under your furniture. They can also hang up in blind cords, wires, and other loose objects around your home. Some models that automatically return to their charging docks can seldom get lost along the way when their battery is low.
These smart gadgets can either be a hit or a miss. While hybrid robots have seen a lot of improvements and, they still often lack a feature or two. Robot mops are not ideal for heavy-duty jobs as well. It can never replace your mop and bucket’s cleaning ability, thanks to your powerful arms and cleaning techniques.
However, what they’re best at is maintenance cleaning once you’re done with mopping and vacuuming. You can set up or schedule your machine daily to increase the time you need between cleaning manually.