Downloading torrent files has always been a long-winded affair on the iPhone, but not anymore. Now, with iTransmission, you can easily download any torrent file you want, straight to your device. It’s free to use, and you don’t need to jailbreak.
iTransmission offers users some cool features:
- Free to use
- No need to jailbreak
- Supported on all iOS devices
- Add new torrents easily
- Pause/resume downloads with a single tap
- Use data or Wi-Fi for downloading
- See information about your torrents
- User-friendly app
- Loads more features
How to Download iTransmission on iPhone
iTransmission is not an official app, so you won’t find it in the iOS app store. Where you will find it is in an unofficial app installer, TutuApp, where you will also find thousands of other free apps and games, many of them modified with extras. Alternatively, you can download just the iTransmission IPA file onto your device:
Method 1: TutuApp
- Download TutuApp onto your device using the official links https://tutuapp-vip.com
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Trust the TutuApp profile
- Open TutuApp and type iTransmission in the search bar
- Tap on it and follow the in-app guide to install it
- Enjoy downloading whatever torrent files you want.
Method 2: Sideloading the iTransmission IPA File
One of the best ways to sideload any app onto your iPhone is to use a cool tool called Cydia Impactor. You are limited to installing no more than three apps with the tool, but it is useful for when you want a specific app that Apple won’t sign. Here’s how to use it – you will need your computer, iPhone and USB/Lightning cable and you will need to go into your Apple account on your computer and create an app-specific password:
- First download Cydia Impactor to your PC or Mac – extract the files and save it
- Next, you can download the iTransmission IPA fie onto your Mac or PC
- Open Cydia Impactor and plug your iPhone into your computer
- Wait; Cydia Impactor needs to detect your device – when it has, click on Device
- Click on Install Package and then tap the IPA file you downloaded. Alternatively, simply drag the iTransmission .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Whichever way you do it, you will then need to input your Apple ID and the password you created earlier
- Wait; Cydia Impactor will now sign the file and sideload it onto your iPhone
- When it has finished, open Settings>General>Profiles
- Trust the iTransmission profile, and the app is yours to use
Be aware that, because iTransmission is not an official app, you will need to reactivate it every seven days. You do this by connecting your iPhone to your computer and repeating the above from step 3 onwards.
While there is no requirement to jailbreak your device to install iTransmission, you can install it on a device that already has a jailbreak on it. To do that, open Cydia and download an app called ReProvision – it works in much the same way as Cydia Impactor.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the more common questions we get about iTransmission:
What Does iTransmission Do?
iTransmission is a BitTorrent client, designed for mobile, that helps you install torrent files directly onto your iOS device.
How Safe is it?
100% safe, so long as you use only the official download links. And with no jailbreak needed, you are not compromising the security of your device or data.
Why Has iTransmission Stopped Working?
The likely reason for this is that Apple has revoked the app certificate. If your app has stopped working, follow from step three in method two above or, if that doesn’t work, delete the app, and start again. If you choose method 2, you will need to do this every 7 days.
Where Do My Files Get Stored?
All files downloaded via iTransmission are stored in the same place – var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Downloads
Have I Got to Jailbreak?
No. You can download iTransmission using one of the above methods, neither of which requires a jailbreak to work. Just make sure you only use the trusted download links.
Try iTransmission today and see how you get on – it is the easiest way to download torrent files straight to your device for free.