Undoubtedly, it is very difficult to imagine the modern world without the Internet. Thanks to the Web; this is where we get acquainted and communicate, study, work, earn and spend money, look for the information we need, and much more. However, it is important to remember that the Internet is just a tool and the way it is used is based on individual preference.
Someone could decide to use the various possibilities of the Internet to the fullest, such as to broaden their horizons, learn something new, effectively communicate with other people, etc. On the other hand, someone could just sit aimlessly for hours unending with completely different activities such as mini-games, an endless stream of TikTok videos, or an Instagram photo feed.
Have you ever wondered how effectively one can use the power of the Internet? Does it really make your life better, or is it just for passing time? Today, we will try to make your use of the World Wide Web a little more efficient. We will tell you about the most interesting and useful sites and applications that you should try. They will help to spend interesting and useful time. So let’s get started!
Apps for those who love or want to learn how to cook a delicious meal
- Kitchen Stories — is a huge and handy library of a wide variety of food and drink recipes. All of them are divided into categories for your convenience. Favorite dishes can be added to the favorites list in the app where it will always be handy. Each recipe has a rating, the number of likes, a difficulty rating, an exact list of ingredients, and a visual video of the cooking process. Also, you can add comments and share your own recommendations. Kitchen Stories is a real Wikipedia from the world of cooking.
- RecipeBook — is another huge library of recipes that will please both absolute beginners and experienced cooks. In general, RecipeBook is a fairly typical service for its segment. Nevertheless, it has a unique Shake ‘N’ Make function based on artificial intelligence functions. On this app, you can simply make a list of the products that you have, and the system automatically generates a list of dishes that you can cook from the proposed ingredients. This is very convenient for users.
- Cookpad — is the number 1 app in the Food & Drink category on Google Play Store. It also has a web version and an app for iOS devices. You will be able to learn other people’s recipes, cook new dishes, share your own culinary skills, publish author’s recipes, communicate with other participants, answer questions, leave reviews, and much more. Cookpad is a type of social network for culinary professionals. You will surely like it.
Apps for active and sporty people
- Adidas Training — is the official training app from the world’s famous Adidas. In this app, you will find a workout constructor, over 180 different exercises for different muscle groups, complex training programs, and much more. Developers understand that motivation is important in sports. That is why they added progress charts and sports challenges to the application in which you can take part and compete with other sports people. It is the competitive element that makes classes with Adidas Training more effective and fun.
- Workout Trainer — is an app with thousands of free workouts and workout programs to help you get in shape, lose weight, and improve your health. For clarity, each workout is complemented by images and videos to enable you to carry out the exercises correctly. In addition, there are audio instructions from trainers, which is convenient, because you do not have to be distracted by the smartphone screen while exercising.
- Nike Training Club — is a popular sports app from Nike that contains a variety of cardio, strength training, and fitness classes. The app has a lot of workouts adapted to different conditions. You can use this app to train at home or in the gym by following the appropriate program. This helps to save a lot from the services of fitness trainers as well as helping you to achieve excellent results.
Apps for self-development
- Motivateo — is a habit tracker whose main task is to help you develop healthy habits. For example, it lets you know when to do exercises in the morning, go to the gym (this could be 2-3 times a week), clean the apartment on Sundays, and so on. It is believed that a person needs 21 days to develop a habit. However, many people lack the motivation to do so, or at least a vivid demonstration of their success. Motivateo helps one to cope with this, turning work on yourself into a real challenge that is interesting to succeed.
- Spendee — is a handy financial tracking app. In it, you can view all your income and expenses for different periods, keep track of costs, the profitability of investments, and so on. All this with visual tables and graphs based on your statistics. Spendee can be a real find for those who want to better control their finances and manage their money more wisely without asking questions at the end of the month, “Where and how did I spend all my salary?”. Interestingly, the Spendee app won the Mobile UX Awards in 2017. Also, its rating in the AppStore is 4.7 out of 5 points.
- Insight Timer — is a free meditation and sleep tracking app. On this App, you can join the broadcasts of the world’s leading mindfulness teachers, find meditative music playlists, turn on a pleasant sound background for sleep, learn how to manage anxiety and resist stress, and take thematic courses from leading experts. Insight Timer is the winner in the “App of the Year” category according to Time magazine. The computer scientist, Tristan Harris called Insight Timer App “the happiest app in the world.” If you feel anxious and often under stress, Insight Timer App can be a real lifesaver for you. This App is highly recommended!
Apps for dating and communication
- Badoo — is one of the most popular dating apps today. Some of the interesting features include search by interests, selection of interlocutors by geolocation, and built-in online video chat for more comfortable and open communication. Badoo has been a very popular service for several years now, but it’s worth saying that its full functionality is only revealed with a premium subscription. So if you want to use Badoo to the fullest, be prepared to pay for the subscription.
- Camsurf — is a simple and fast video chat roulette with gender and language filters. It can search for interlocutors based on your location. There is also a search by interests. The paid plan opens up a lot of additional features such as hidden location, verification icon, introductory message, and so on. If you want to get acquainted quickly without unnecessary actions, Camsurf can be a pretty good option.
- CooMeet — is an online chatroulette that is ideal for those who want to communicate with the opposite sex. Thanks to the verification of accounts in CooMeet, there are no fakes and bots. You can rest assured that you are talking to a real person. Additionally, the gender filter doesn’t go wrong because of its Camsurf. There are applications for iOS and Android devices that provides the convenience of communication. CooMeet has a very good moderation and support service, which you can contact 24/7 and get qualified help. Also, this chat roulette offers a free trial period for all new members. Why not try it out?
- Chatous — is a pretty handy chat roulette that allows you to communicate with people from all over the world. Here, the function of searching for interlocutors by interests using #hashtags is originally implemented. You can communicate by text chat and video. Chatous also allows you to share photos and audio messages. It is quite useful if you care about confidentiality.
- Azar — is a mixture of chat roulette and live streaming service. You can stream and collect a large audience of viewers, or join other people’s broadcasts as an observer. Initially, Azar was launched in 2014, and in 2022 the service was comprehensively updated. However, if you already stopped using it, we advise you to go back and take a look at how much Azar has changed in recent months. We think you’ll like the new and interesting features.
Apps for watching movies/series and reading books
- Netflix — is a movie and series streaming service that needs no introduction. This is one of the leaders in its field and a world-famous company with a huge amount of video content. It has countless Movies, series, and TV shows; everyone will find something for themselves. However, Netflix is not only a means for pleasant leisure. A lot of individuals use it to learn and improve foreign languages. After all, you can choose the language of translation or subtitles you need. Everything works very quickly and conveniently.
- Bookmate — is a “reader” for smartphones and a huge library of literature in many languages. Here you can find world classics and works by little-known authors. Also, the App’s well-thought-out interface allows you to read books conveniently without any form of discomfort to the eyes. If you do not want to carry a bulky and fragile e-reader with you everywhere, and also care about nature and refuse paper books, Bookmate can be the real deal for you. It’s highly recommended!
- Showbox — is an Android app for watching movies and series on the Internet. Alternatively, it can be used in place of services such as Netflix or HBO Max. You need to have these two points in mind. Firstly, the app has not been updated since 2018. Secondly, a significant part of the content on this App is essentially pirated. Therefore, use Showbox solely at your own risk.
In conclusion: the internet is bigger than you think
Perhaps, the main problem of many contemporaries is that they are reluctant to look for something new on the Web. Most likely, you have a certain list of sites that you visit, a number of Applications you use, the subscriptions you pay for, etc.
Regardless, there are a lot of interesting alternatives. Many of them are much better than what you are using right now. You only need a few moments to find and try them.
The sites, apps, and services we have listed are just a small part of what you may be interested in. Believe us, when you go beyond the usual limits of using the Internet, you will see that it is much more extensive and interesting. You don’t need aimless surfing on the Web at any time of the day. Try some of the things we’ve talked about. We guarantee that many Internet sites will truly surprise you!