If you want more of your target audience to visit your web resource, pay attention to the content. Interesting and useful information can attract more visitors to the site for free. The main factor here is how easy it is for search engines to find the right web platform. And the key here is competent search engine optimization, which helps data rise faster in search engines like Google and others. As a result of high-quality optimization, you get an increase in traffic to your Internet resource.
The algorithm of the search engines is somewhat similar. Systems collect and rank all content for a search query using crawlers. These rankings are then performed using algorithms to determine how relevant and quality this content is and therefore on which page of the search engine it appears. Getting on the first page or on the first position in the search engine rankings increases traffic.
So what ranking factors are important for SEO? There are two main categories: on-site and off-site factors. SEO on a website includes elements such as keywords and page relevance. You can influence these factors by making changes directly to your website. Off-site SEO requires work outside of your website. It assesses factors such as your website’s authority, which is determined by browsers through link building.
The main concept of duplicate content
One of the tasks involved in website optimization for google search and web search advertising is the eradication of errors, also referred to as “duplicate content”.
Duplicate digital material is identical data that appears in many places (URLs). Browsers are therefore unclear about which URL to show on the results page. This can harm the ranking of the site’s web page. The issue gets worse when people start referencing multiple versions of the material.
To make it easier to understand the essence, imagine that you are at a crossroads. Both roads are identical and lead to the same location. Which path should you take? You don’t care as a user because you found what you were looking for. However, the browser must choose what information to display in search rankings because it is not required to display the same material twice.
Let’s say your “Promotion Services” article appears on “www.example.com/services” and exactly the same data appears on “www.example.com/service-category/services” Several users shared the article, with some referring to the first URL and others referring to the second. Because the links advertise different URLs at the same time, this duplicate information is a problem for your website. Your top ten ranking for “promotion service” would be much higher if they were all linked to the same address. The issue is that there can only be one final address. The browser must determine the “correct” URL as the canonical URL.
The drawbacks of repeated content
When studying, comprehending, and detecting duplicate materials, it’s useful to understand that there are two types of copied information: intentional and unintentional. Unintentional repeated data includes printable web pages, multiple URLs all pointing to the same website, and mobile versions of your website.
The repeated data can result in a number of issues, including:
- worse indexing. The search robot spends certain resources and time to crawl the site. If he sees that the information is regularly repeated, indexing will take significantly longer. In rare cases, it may stop altogether;
- applying filters. The Panda algorithm is one of the most harmful for dishonest SEO professionals since it is very critical of duplicate material. Numerous websites run the risk of slipping out of search results or losing their ranking positions. “Panda” takes into account attendance and user behavior. If duplicate information finds an audience, the impact can be minimal;
- reduction of behavioral factors. If there are several different pages on the site that have parts of the same data, the user runs the risk of accidentally clicking on a link that is irrelevant to him. He will be disappointed and leave the resource.
A few hundred dissatisfied users in a short time will significantly reduce behavioral factors.
How to avoid duplicate content?
The following redundant data text problems are quite simple to fix:
- If you use session IDs in your URLs, then you can simply turn them off in your system settings.
- Use a print-style sheet instead of duplicate pages for printing.
- Order the creation of a script that will allow the parameters to be utilized in the same order if you discover that the URL parameters are in a different order.
- Use hash-based campaign tracking rather than parameters-based campaign tracking to solve the link tracking issue.
If you have a B2B business there is no doubt that you should hire a B2B SEO Agency to audit and fix your duplicate content if any. If your issue is more difficult to resolve, it may be worthwhile to make every effort to avoid duplicate content. This is by far the most effective solution to the problem.
Information duplication is commonplace. You must keep an eye on this process at all times. High-quality materials can boost the rating if any errors are quickly fixed.
There are several tools available to help you find repeated content on your own. One of the most effective uses of Google Webmaster Tools. It can be used to detect duplicate content on your website’s pages as well as other technical issues. The Screaming Frog web crawler, which may free crawl a site and notify you of any duplication irregularities, is another excellent tool for identifying duplicate material. In conclusion, we can say you may get a website audit if you need assistance discovering these issues and professional specialists can do the work for you.