Artificial Intelligence has found great acceptance among different aspects of various industries. From finances to production, AI can be used in all operations to deliver efficient results.
If you are into marketing, you cannot ignore SEO’s role in increasing your brand awareness. People these days are always online, and if they need any product or services, they would first search it online. Hence, it can be said that both AI and SEO have their roles to play when it comes to growing a business. But think how beneficial it would be if both of them came together. In this article, we will try to explore that and see how AI helps in SEO evolution.
The overall scenario
An SEO Company can benefit a lot by incorporating AI in their search engine optimization strategy. There are few early examples of the same, but there is a long way to go. Talking about SEO it indicates the optimization of a website on different search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. These search engines use different algorithms to rank a website in their listings. Recently, Google updated its algorithm, keeping in mind two primary objectives:
- To improve the experience of the users
- To keep users hooked to Google
Google is using effective Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques in different ways so that it can give better results and experience to its users.
The advantages of using AI for SEO
Now let us explore how AI can help in the evolution of SEO in various ways:
- Content and link quality- The content and the link qualities have always been the main focus of effective SEO strategies. Google mainly studies the domain and the page-level authority using the link. It means that the more and better links a website possesses, the higher chances it would have to rank higher on Google. Similarly, the content’s relevance and quality play a significant role in helping the website rank higher. There are specific parameters to determine the quality of content and link, and Google uses AI to sort the good ones from the lot. Automation of quality evaluation has made it easier for Google to deliver more accurate results.
- Individualization- Google has customized searches for individuals depending on location, search history, etc. It means for the same set of keywords, two different people might get different relevant results. Even Though this individualization technique is very impressive, there is still a long way to go. In the future, Google might use AI to deliver more intense predictions. They use various device information, data that you input, and so on to display the results you would find helpful. It means that if you can capitalize on the searches, you will get a significant advantage over other competitors, but for that, you will need to have a great understanding of Google’s changing algorithm.
- Smart results– In the last few years, Google has improved its use of AI to keep SERP users. Anything that a user searches, Google shows them in a snippet or as a small paragraph. It prevents multiple users from clicking on to the website and visiting it. As an online marketer, you will have to make effective SERP strategies that will list your website above your competitor on SERP ranking and boost your brand reputation. But at the same time, keep in mind that if your users stay in SERP, you might lose a lot of organic traffic.
- Changes and adaptability– When it comes to data analysis, AI can do it much faster and accurately than experienced humans. Recently, Google has been updating its algorithm more frequently, and this trend will continue in the years to come. It encourages the AI system of Google to analyze real-time data. With every new search query, Google continues to learn, and it utilizes its learning in the next updates. Being an online marketer, you will have to adapt to those changes.
- Content production and onsite optimization- The utility of AI is not only limited to Google and other search engines, but online marketers can also use it. AI-based content generators have become quite common, and it helps the website match-up to Google’s algorithm. Smart onsite optimization would also reduce the efforts put in by the marketers. Even though plugins and SEO tools are quite helpful, with machine learning and AI, marketers would get better results at a much-reduced effort.
Hence, it can be concluded that AI can change the way SEO currently works. The marketers shall have a clear understanding of the way Google’s algorithm works. Only then can they formulate strategies that can positively influence the website’s ranking on the search engines. One cannot expect ridiculous transformations like SERP disappearing from the market, they need to make adjustments to stay relevant.