A travel insurance policy is a must in today’s uncertain times. Unforeseen circumstances can affect anyone without warning.
The best you can do is be prepared for the most likely risk factors to ensure minimal damage, particularly financially. A well-suited travel insurance policy will protect the policyholder from incurring major losses that may occur while travelling.
Here are 10 important things to consider while selecting travel insurance plans-
- Types – Your travel frequency will decide the type of insurance plan you should opt for. Single-trip travel insurance would cover just one trip, while multi-trip insurance would be suited for frequent travellers.
- Features – An all-encompassing travel insurance will offer its policyholders some basic features. Each feature may hold certain benefits. Medical cover, emergency cash assistance, and missed flight connections are the most likely and advantageous aspects to ponder over.
- Coverage – Some of the important coverage factors that are must-haves in a travel insurance plan would be – medical expenses, medical evacuation, trip cancellation coverage, baggage loss, personal accidents, trip delay, extension of stay, loss of passport, etc
- Exclusions – It is equally important to consider the limits of the policy to be prepared for those circumstances. Pre-existing illnesses, loss of valuables, injuries during adventure sports, etc, may not be covered in many policies.
- Associations – The network of hospitals within and across countries with which the policy is associated, can be a huge advantage in a travel insurance online plan. This saves the additional mental stress of looking for healthcare providers in a new place.
- Claim process – The documents required, the overall time taken in the process, aspects of receiving the claims for certain specific coverages, etc should be thought through before finalising a policy. A straightforward process like the ICICI Lombard plan can be less stressful during emergencies.
- Ease of access – The presence of a travel insurance app makes life easier. Accessing claims is possible with this feature from any part of the world. Also, consider the customer support options the policy provides and their availability.
- Costs and Renewal – The overall coverage aspects should be compared to the costs associated with the policy. Make sure to get the necessary protection within the desired budget. Additionally, check for renewal options, especially if the policy is for a frequent flier.
- Reviews – A helpful factor would be to check the reviews from current policyholders and ask around for references. Testimonials can help further garner trust and speak volumes for the authenticity of the company.
- Add-ons and customizations – Add-on options are always helpful in a travel insurance policy. Check for options like coverage for high-risk adventures, an impromptu extension of stay, or any other specific requirements that might be likely during the travel.
Plans offered by various companies can change over time depending on current circumstances and the global situation. Being updated with the change in policies and tailor-making a travel insurance plan with customised policies according to the precise needs of the policyholder can alleviate financial risks. Ensure to read and check the specific conditions mentioned in the policy to find the best fit. Make travel easier, fun, and more convenient by taking care of the potential risks.