This post will explain how to fix error code 0x80073cf6 in windows 10. Following an upgrade to the Xbox software or the Windows 11/10 programme, this Xbox error code 0x80073cf6 frequently arises. But other situations might also cause this error notification to show up. Some customers reported seeing the error code 0x80073cf6 while installing a game. The error code 0x80073CF6 appears when a certain update or installation fails in Windows 10.
How To Fix Error Code 0x80073CF6 In Windows 10?
In this article, you can know about How To Fix Error Code 0x80073CF6 In Windows 10 here are the details below;
When installing, deleting, or updating an existing application, users could run into this issue. There may be a specific indication that the software cannot be installed or that the operation failed when the issue manifests. so that you can identify the exact reason behind the issue.
If you encounter this problem with your Windows 11/10 PC or Xbox Console, you can try the solutions suggested in this page.
Why does Windows 10 display error code 0x80073CF6?
A specific operating system upgrade or a general Windows 10 system flaw could be to blame for this issue.
Any bugs that might still exist in earlier editions can be fixed by installing the most current pending update.
The problem might have been caused by an unique Windows Store corruption.
The most common cause of the problem is damaged files or dependencies that the Store components need.
To fix the problem, you can reset the Windows store.
Another issue that could result in a 0x80073CF6 error in Windows is corrupt user accounts.
The issue might be completely fixed by including more local users.
Additionally, if distinct procedures fail as a result of a probable application conflict, you shouldn’t completely rule out the prospect of third-party programme involvement.
You can get rid of these issues by disabling particular programmes or conducting a clean PC starting, which is beneficial.
Keep in mind that failure of processes and applications as well as computer errors are frequently caused by system file corruption.
Such broken bits may remain after malware ends or leaves the engine.
Furthermore, underlying cases of system file corruption may result in critical issues.
Steps to fix error code 0x80073CF6 in Windows?
You may be able to fix Xbox error code 0x80073cf6 using the following methods.
Check the status of the Xbox
Your initial step should be to check Xbox Live Status.
Problems with Xbox Server outages can cause users to get a variety of error messages.
If there is a server outage as shown by the Xbox Live Status, you must wait until Microsoft fixes the issue.
In most cases, errors caused by a server outage will be automatically
Power Cycle your Xbox Console
If the error happens when installing a game, you should Power Cycle your Xbox Console to see if that solves the issue.
The procedures to restart an Xbox console are as follows:
Press and hold the Xbox button for approximately 10 seconds to turn the console off.
Unplug the authority cable from the wall outlet.
Wait for a moment.
Turn on the Console after reattaching the power cord.
Now see if the problem has been resolved.
If not, try the following probable fix.
Run the Troubleshooter
Running the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter & Windows Update Troubleshooter can benefit if this issue also arises after upgrading an app or game from the Microsoft Store, as was previously described in this post. Also check lag spikes on pc
Both of these troubleshooting tools may be found in the Windows 11/10 Settings app’s “System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters” area.
Reset your Microsoft Store
This approach has worked for some people.
You can also give it a shot and see whether the error code 0x80073cf6 appears after resetting the Microsoft Store.
You can do this by taking the following steps:
- In Windows 11/10, go to Settings.
- Select “Apps > Apps & Features” after that.
- By navigating down the list of installed programmes, find Microsoft Store.
- Once you’ve located it, select it and then click Advanced Options.
- In Windows 11, you may discover Advanced Options by clicking the three vertical dots next to Microsoft Store.
- Press Reset.
- When you perform the aforementioned action, the data related to your app will be deleted.
- Therefore, before you reset the Microsoft Store, be sure that you have supported up your game data to the cloud.
Clear persistent storage on your Xbox console
If the error notification shows up while installing the game from a disc, clearing the persistent storage on your Xbox Console can help.
- The “Clear persistent storage” option is applicable to Blu-ray discs.
- After completing this process, you’ll delete any cache files that are still present and trash RAM.
- By taking the following actions, you can erase persistent storage from your Xbox Console:
- Press the Xbox button to get to the instructions.
- You should choose “Devices & connections > Blu-ray.”
- Use persistent storage, if you so choose.
- After that, click Clear persistent storage.
Delete your other unwanted games
Problems might occasionally arise from competing software or games.
Any games that are still in your library but that you don’t use or play can be deleted.
This will also free up some space on your disc. Also check how to fix fifa 22 stuck on loading screen
Factory Reset your Xbox console
- If none of the aforementioned options work for you, reset your Xbox Console to its factory default settings.
- When you do this, Xbox will give you the option of either keeping or erasing all of your data.
- You are free to select your preferred option.
- The steps to factory reset the Xbox Console are as follows:
- Press the Xbox button to get to the instructions.
- You need go to “Profile & system > Settings > System > Console details.”
- Following selecting Reset console, select one of the options below:
- Reset and clean up everything.
- My applications and games were reset, but I kept them.
- The last option stops your data from being deleted.
How can I fix error code 0x80073CF6?
Activate Windows key + Q.
Type WSReset.exe into the search box and press Enter.
Check to see if an error has been fixed after updating the app.
Q. How can I fix the Windows 10 error code?
- Switch off your computer.
- Restarting your computer is the simplest and most simple fix.
- Run CHKDSK and SFC.
- Windows system utilities SFC and CHKDSK can be used to fix a corrupt file system.
- Refresh Windows 10.
0x80073CF6 error code: What does it mean?
In Windows 10, the failure of specific updates or installations results in the error code 0x80073CF6.
Users who install or uninstall the programme or update an existing application will encounter this problem. Also check bluestacks snapchat not working
How can I fix the stop error code?
The Hardware and Device Troubleshooting Tool should be launched.
- Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management Tool should be launched.
- Activate the System File Checker.
- Conduct a virus scan.
- Your driver updates.
- Remove the most recent Windows updates.
- Activate the Clean Boot.
- Bring Your System Back.