PlayStation 5 gets more sustainable packaging that is recyclable as a part of the Green Management 2025 initiative developed by Sony and launched last year. The corporation is concerned about the environment, and its new plan is to eliminate the use of plastic in new packaging for small products by 2025 and reduce the overall use of plastic by 10%.
Today, it is somehow strange that several decades before, no one paid any attention to ecology. Plastic was innovative and everything was made of it without any concerns about the future. However, it also brought us such great games as Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and Donkey Kong. If you want to play any of them, just visit Roms Planet and choose your favorite one.
The packaging for the new generation console is almost free of plastic and:
- Fully recyclable;
- Receives paper pulp instead of expanded polystyrene or plastic;
- Receives paper cable ties instead of current plastic ones;
- Refuses plastic protective bags (cables, instructions, etc.);
- Will receive replacement plastic display cases in closed cardboard boxes for PlayStation accessories;
- Will be equipped with folding handles for carrying the attachment.
Among other things, the company is hard at work on greener versions of boxes for PlayStation 5 games. The company is looking at new ways to use less plastic for boxes and is also looking for alternatives to plastic.
About PlayStation 5
Let’s see what’s new about PS 5 and why Sony relies on it:
- Almost all publications point out that the new generation is not about how games look, but about how they feel. It’s about fast downloads, smoother frame rates, and the DualSense controller.
- The console isn’t just big, it’s record-breaking. To install it, some people will have to make changes to the interior.
- The dark plastic in the center of the PS5 collects dust and prints very well.
- The stand seems a little cheap in terms of materials, but it does its job – it holds the device quite stably
- The user has 667.2 GB of memory available for games, and so far it can only be expanded for titles of the PS4 era.
- PS5 games cannot be transferred to an external SSD.
- The console runs silently and does not heat up.
- The DualSense lasts 6-7 hours from charging, just like the DualShock 4. In games where the reverse recoil is actively used, this figure is noticeably reduced – up to 4 hours. Some publications write that they managed to discharge the gamepad in Astro’s Playroom even in two hours.
- The loading time in most games has been reduced by 2-3 times, although in some titles it has hardly changed – this also applies to Ghost of Tsushima. This is likely due to the lack of low-level optimization. Miles Morales has a cold start to gameplay and it only takes a few seconds.
- Sony does not have an analog of the Quick Resume function, which allows you to upload several games at once from RAM to an SSD, and then launch them in 4-5 seconds. Instead, the PS5 just has a regular switch that remembers the last few apps it ran.
- The main menu of the system is as simple as possible – games cannot even be put into folders yet. However, the menu of the titles themselves has become much more functional – there are cards from the developers, guides, and other related information.
As we can see, Sony is all about new technologies and innovations. It is essential that such huge companies pay their attention to ecology and nature. This is an example for other companies to change their policies and relation to the world.